Author Topic: Avast! Window selection Scan . . .  (Read 3417 times)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast √úberevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Avast! Window selection Scan . . .
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 01:03:35 PM »
It was a random problem that appeared in the very first 2014 beta and it was thought to have been cleared...  But glitches and computers do go hand in hand :)

At least you know where to back up your settings now

NTxLS

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2014, 01:07:58 PM »
I learned that when it first appeared in the settings and have used it often. Do a fresh backup after one or two updates. Still takes a bit of time to go through and confirm all is as had been before, confidence is needed by me. So double checking helps to keep me safer.

Paul_D

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2014, 06:24:59 PM »
This is my original PNG file and have cropped the edges, will see if it will go . .
Your original file? Or after you reduced it to meet the size limit.

A better way to reduce the file size would have been to convert the ORIGINAL (large) file to jpg format (You can do that in IrfanView by using Save As and selecting jpg from the resultant drop list). Jpg files are considerably smaller (in terms of bytes) than their equivalent png files.

Not necessarily for the thread but for your own education start with a new screen dump and experiment in IrfanView a bit. It's a great tool.

NTxLS

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2014, 06:38:44 PM »
Paul_D,

Thank you for this suggestion, IF that ever happens again will have a better education on how to handle reports, er, screen shots anyway.

Do not do much with Irfan View but have been keeping it available for many years, need to practice some I guess.