Author Topic: Error 7005: Connection to antivirus engine has been lost  (Read 7188 times)

smc

Error 7005: Connection to antivirus engine has been lost
« on: April 19, 2013, 02:12:35 AM »
I tried scanning my Mac, but I got a message saying "Error 7005: Connection to antivirus engine has been lost". I tried scanning again, and I got the same error.

Here's my application/definition versions. I checked to see if they are up to date and they appeared to be.

Does anyone have any idea on how to prevent/fix this error?

smc

Re: Error 7005: Connection to antivirus engine has been lost
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 09:21:06 AM »
I tried doing another scan and it completed one all the way through. It looks like it's working fine now, but I don't know what caused the issue the first two times.

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 01:06:12 PM »
I tried doing another scan and it completed one all the way through. It looks like it's working fine now, but I don't know what caused the issue the first two times.
Hallo,
what was the last scanned file before the connection dropped (have a look into the history of those failed scans)?
That's probably the culprit file (or a file just alphabetically preceeding that culprit-file in the particular directory or archive).

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)

Steven Van Bauwel

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 01:19:14 PM »
When running Avast and processing full system scan (or any other scan) system returns "interrupted with error 7005: connection to antivirus engine has been lost.
How do I repair this?

Steven Van Bauwel

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 01:29:30 PM »
Adding to previous message:
I installed Avast on 22/02/2014 and ran 1 full system scan, which returned successfully.
I thought from there it would run automatically, which never happened (this is probably my mistake).
I am having trouble today with a virus so this is why I started running again, now I can not connect to virus engine.
Conclusion, the last successful log is the one of 22/02.

Steven Van Bauwel

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 04:03:18 PM »
Application version 8.0 (40795)

Steven Van Bauwel

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 11:21:24 AM »
resolved by uninstalling/reinstalling