Author Topic: GrimeFighter requires the Internet  (Read 20382 times)

Lind111

GrimeFighter requires the Internet
« on: April 28, 2014, 01:59:31 PM »
Hello,I run my avast GrimeFighter,and reboot my computer,but it can't connect internet,always displays"GrimeFgihter requires the Internet".
I try to click refresh button,but it doesn't work,I'm sure my network is conneted,so how could solve this problem?

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: GrimeFighter requires the Internet
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 03:32:15 PM »
Hi, is it a wifi connection?  If so, could you please try connecting an ethernet cable and try again?

Thanks,

GrimeFighter team

Outdere

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 12:58:32 PM »
I have the same problem as that previous poster. I don't have an ethernet cable, what else can I do?

Outdere

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 11:34:49 AM »
Why are Avast selling a product that needs the internet to carry out its scans but shuts down the computer in the process. If you don't assist me with this issue then give me my money back.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 06:06:38 PM »
Why are Avast selling a product that needs the internet to carry out its scans but shuts down the computer in the process. If you don't assist me with this issue then give me my money back.

Was there not information provided that internet was required and that WIFI connections were not (always) workable??
One would think, there would be "Up Front" sufficient detailed information provided about the "requirements" for the GF to successfully initiate and complete its task.

If needed, I have read that a refund for GF can be initiated by opening a support ticket and request a refund.

Outdere

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 11:26:00 PM »
Thanks for your help  schmidthouse, I'll open a support ticket. As to up front infomation there was no clear warning that wifi was not suficient.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 12:22:21 AM »
Thanks for your help  schmidthouse, I'll open a support ticket. As to up front infomation there was no clear warning that wifi was not suficient.

You're welcome.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 06:48:39 PM »
I too are having a problem getting connected to the internet. I'm running Windows 7 64x with a 4G external modem.
How can I bring up the modem to establish the 'requested' internet connection? My normal way of bringing it up is to start Foxfire & go to www.mbb.vzw.com which starts an ap in the modem which is displayed by Foxfire. Then I click on 'connect' on my browser screen & I'm ready to go. When I enter the www.mbb.vzw.com 'your' browser say they can't find the address.
Please help.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 05:20:16 PM »
GrimeFighter does not connect to internet. Using Windows Vista. Tried to issue permission but file "iceweasel" not found on my computer. I am not using a WiFi device. I am connected via cable modem & usb/ethernet interface, direct plug-in cable. The program also interfered with operation of Internet Explorer (which could not be used). Instead of trying to uninstall, I did a system restore to the point before downloading GrimeFighter, thus I no longer have your program on my machine. I do still have the Avast free antivirus, which I would like to keep because it works well.
I spent over 8 hrs trying to get this to work. I give up. I opened a ticket, ID# RNG-102-16252.
I am requesting a refund to my Visa card in the amount of $21.24 ($19.99 plus tax of $1.25). Please acknowledge.
Dave5

Offline Vladimir Hornicek

• Avast team
  • Customer Retention Supervisor
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 03:37:00 PM »
Our support team just replied to your ticket RNG-102-16252.

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 01:23:41 PM »
Looks like im not the only one having problems with this grimefighter and there never seems to be a solution on here!!.... im connected via ethernet to the internet ... but getting the usual message that "Grimefighter requires the internet"... so i want a refund how do i get a ticket peeps??

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 03:48:05 PM »
Hi,

Please follow this link to open a support ticket.  If you don't get any reply within a few days, post your ticket number here and I will follow up directly.

We are definitely aware of the issue with detecting internet connectivity and are working on solving that, but I can't commit to any date right now :(

https://support.avast.com/

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 05:27:06 PM »
Im also facing the same issue.. Everyone don't have the WIFI or Ethernet connection. Now a days everyone is using a dongle for the internet access.

I have raised a ticket now for this issue. Either resolve this issue or refund my money. Tkt details   #OJG-436-43031

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 02:08:10 PM »
Im also facing the same issue.. Everyone don't have the WIFI or Ethernet connection. Now a days everyone is using a dongle for the internet access.

I have raised a ticket now for this issue. Either resolve this issue or refund my money. Tkt details   #OJG-436-43031

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2014, 10:04:18 AM »
Hi Sandeep,

You are right that many people are now connecting with dongles and we are working on a way to support that.

I will follow up with support to make sure you get your refund in a timely manner