Author Topic: GrimeFighter requires the Internet  (Read 20468 times)

REDACTED

Re: GrimeFighter requires the Internet
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 06:17:07 AM »
#JKS-162-46762

I have also had to request a refund as Grimefighter will not work for the same reasons as mentioned in above posts.  It's unfortunate as it looked like a useful tool and none of the reviews I read mentioned this issue.

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 06:37:22 PM »
Could you please let me know by when you will process my refund...

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 06:43:17 PM »
Could you please let me know by when you will process my refund...

From what I've read on the forums lately, It shouldn't take long, probably 7-10 Buisness days from submitting ticket.
Davidek has stated he's tracking the ticket, you're in good hands. :)

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2014, 08:21:09 PM »
Hi Sandeep,

I've put in another mail to our refund team to handle your refund asap.  I will follow up again tomorrow.

BVincent, I've also passed your ticket to them to take action on.

We are working on improving the messaging in the system requirements and payment flow section so users with similar internet connection types won't face the same issues you have.

Thanks

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2014, 11:50:04 AM »
I've encountered this problem too - on a hardwired PC

Raised two support tickets - no response of any kind.

Used telephone support - who used remote access to show me everyday error messages in my events log and claimed I would need a £128 registry fix to repair "broken dependencies, " was a very hard sell - luckily I know just enough about PC's and life to recognize a scam when I hear one.

Just appalled that a service I bought because the underlying product is something I've had an abiding relationship with pitched it to me every other time I booted up doesn't work and the reporting/repair systems loop you into a scheme to take more money from you.

If anyone from Avast is reading this I'd like a refund, and you need to look seriously at your 3rd party support (I assume that's what it is) it's shocking that a company selling security resembles one that's running a scam.

If it helps the support ticket you've been ignoring for almost a week now is ZNM-602-79364 

Sincerely

MH

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2014, 06:14:43 PM »

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2014, 10:25:03 PM »
Thank you @schmidthouse

Do you happen to know if there's another complaints/refunds avenue beyond the support tickets (which don't seem to get read) and the phone (which I don't feel like going through again)?

Any insight appreciated

Thanks

MH

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2014, 03:04:29 AM »
Thank you @schmidthouse

Do you happen to know if there's another complaints/refunds avenue beyond the support tickets (which don't seem to get read) and the phone (which I don't feel like going through again)?

Any insight appreciated

Thanks

MH

Post your support ticket # here. Then give it several business days :)

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2014, 10:00:13 AM »
Thanks - I already did, and it has been several days, but here it is again ZNM-602-79364   

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2014, 10:55:09 AM »
Hello Sandeep, BVincent and MHolden,

Once again very sorry that this issue occurred.  It is something we are working hard to resolve.

Our refund team has processed all your refund requests so you should be in the process of getting your money back within a few days.  Be sure that we taken the steps on our side to make that happen and sincerely regret this situation.

Regards

REDACTED

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2014, 06:13:36 PM »
Thanks @Davidek Will we be notified by email about the refund?  By the time I get a statement confirming it the 30 period since purchase will have expired - which would be a disappointing turn of affairs if nothing had happened by then.

MH

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2014, 06:39:15 PM »
Thanks @Davidek Will we be notified by email about the refund?  By the time I get a statement confirming it the 30 period since purchase will have expired - which would be a disappointing turn of affairs if nothing had happened by then.

MH

I don't think you have anything to worry about. You've have submitted the request so all should proceed and Davidek has followed up.
Keep in mind we're in the weekend now.

REDACTED

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2014, 07:02:20 PM »
I work in the technology field as trainer and training designer.  This is unacceptable.  Refund everyone's money or get your enhancement team in gear and have  them correct the issue.  Most of the world is on WiFi and it is ridiculous you did not account for any other kind of a connection other than Ethernet.

Here is my ticket #AMC-124-87913

Get your act together or you will start losing customers to one of the ten thousand anti-virus and malware service providers in the market today.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2014, 07:20:26 PM »
Most of the world is on WiFi and it is ridiculous you did not account for any other kind of a connection other than Ethernet.
Sorry, I'm just writing as an old old guy that knows what things cost.
It's not ridiculous: you need to developed drivers for a lot of different equipments. And, for sure, this is far from being "ridiculous". It's a lot of work.
The best things in life are free.