Author Topic: Can't uninstall avast  (Read 2903 times)

keithb

Can't uninstall avast
« on: April 30, 2014, 12:28:36 AM »
After uninstalling in the control panel and running avastclear in safe mode, when I do a search on avast I get a setup file and 9 folders related to the program. What is going on here. Win7,64Bit. When I try to open a folder I get an error message connect to the internet because of avast. Should I be seeing these folders or what?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Can't uninstall avast
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 12:38:55 AM »
try RejZors tool here   http://rejzor.wordpress.com/avast-cleanup-tool/    see the zip icon at the bottom of the text for download

did that help?

keithb

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 01:04:58 AM »
I just tried it and no luck. Actually there are 104 folders all pointing to c/prgm/avast. As well as some DIC files which appear to be preventing certain programs from running. Thanks for the tip.

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 01:12:41 AM »
Do you have Revo Uninstaller installed on my system? If so, is there an avast icon. If there is one right click it and click uninstall and after that select advance, it will search for any avast related folders and files, select all, and click next, and it will uninstall it for you. It may open up the Avast uninstall dialog box, if it doesn't just allow Revo Uninstaller Utility to force uninstall Avast for you. When the uninstall finishes, providing it opens up via Avast uninstall dialog box it will ask you to restart, don't click restart, let Revo force uninstall Avast for you then click finish and restart your computer.

After that use avastuninstaller utility and Rejzors tool
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 01:36:06 AM by Staticguy »
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2

keithb

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 02:54:14 AM »
I can't run it because I can't get on to the internet which is required to install the program.