Author Topic: what is JS:Downloader-ZY [Trj]  (Read 4554 times)

baldyian

what is JS:Downloader-ZY [Trj]
« on: April 30, 2014, 09:34:51 AM »
Hi,

Apologies if this has been posted before but I can't see anything that seems to relate to the problem I'm getting.

I keep getting the message from Avast free, I don't know the version but it is up to date, about a site infected with this JS:Downloader-ZY [Trj].

I am browsing using FF but have no idea what site is the problem and wherever the site is I can't affect the coding and everything I've read talks about removing lines of coding. {it may not be the correct term but I'm not an expert!]

I've run the Norton and Panda removal tools, finding nothing but I still seem to get this message randomly.

First question: - How did I get infected when I've been constantly running with Avast Free installed and on auto update?

Second question: - How the h*** do I get rid of it?

All help in idiot proof language would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: what is JS:Downloader-ZY [Trj]
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 09:37:14 AM »
Attach your logs. (MBAM, OTL and aswMBR..!!)
Instructions: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 10:48:14 AM »
First question: - How did I get infected when I've been constantly running with Avast Free installed and on auto update?
No security program have 100% detection.....and this can also be a false positive. malware experts will find out when you attach those logs

I've run the Norton and Panda removal tools, finding nothing but I still seem to get this message randomly.
Can you explain this..... what tools are they

baldyian

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 03:00:33 PM »
Hi,

the Panda and Norton I refer too are virus removal tools that are available to download which I did and found nothing.

Norton herehttps://security.symantec.com/nbrt/npe.aspx

A reply mentions logs. Sorry as I say I'm not technical so I don't know what these are or how to find them!

I have done a system restore and then uninstalled FF and then reinstalled and it seems to be OK now.

I understand that no programme is 100% foolproof and was just letting off a bit of steam.

Thanks again.

Ian

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 03:03:57 PM »
reply mentions logs. Sorry as I say I'm not technical so I don't know what these are or how to find them!     
That is why Asyn gave you a link to instructions and tools......

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 03:05:08 PM »
Is this just on one site ?