Author Topic: Adding another computer to a license  (Read 15016 times)

TAZMAN

Adding another computer to a license
« on: April 30, 2014, 10:16:01 PM »
I now have a lap top & I want to know how to add it to my account.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Adding another computer to a license
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 10:24:35 PM »
What version of avast do you have?
Free, Pro or....?

TAZMAN

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 10:00:21 PM »
I have the paid version Pro

TAZMAN

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 08:46:05 PM »
Can anyone please help me with this situation, I asked tech help on Skype & the said they would resend
the original  setup info but I never got it?   HELP HELP!!!

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 08:53:32 PM »
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

Offline OndraM

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 04:15:38 PM »
If you have my.avast.com account, just log, go to the licenses section and you can download your license file from there (given that you my.avast.com account was created with the same email you have used to purchase the license file)

Offline smiffyuk

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 07:18:46 PM »
I have just upgraded to the paid version and thought I would also put avast on my other pc ( sharing the licence ) I looked on the FAQ site and wasn't able to find anything out so I made the mistake of phoning the customer services help line> This was easy so they said and would control my pc whilst it was installed ( what a waste of space that was) after controlling my pc for a while the operator said that before the shared system could be put on my machine but  it needed the services of a trained pc engineer to repair it ( at the cost of £120 which later reduced to £75 )
I thought  this was not what I wanted or asked for so I refused  and was told the sharing of the avast programme  was not possible and terminated the connection .I then realised that the customer service help desk was actually a contractor function and only wanted me to spend more money.
I don't think that avast would refuse another £29.99 if I purchase another download for my other pc and they wouldn't want to examine it before installation only grab my money and run

IF THE LICENCE IS FOR UP TO 3 PCs why is it not easy to include other pcs and why did I waste my time ( and money for phone) talking to customer service who refused to help me

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 07:36:07 PM »
IF THE LICENCE IS FOR UP TO 3 PCs why is it not easy to include other pcs and why did I waste my time ( and money for phone) talking to customer service who refused to help me
It's quite easy. Just install it on your other machines and enter your license.
In case you need detailed instructions: Which avast!..?? (Pro/IS/Premier)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0