Author Topic: Fixing the IE 8 warning – ‘Do you want to view only the webpage content that was  (Read 2799 times)

BeachedBum

I am still using IE8 because I like it.
 Someone has suggested to me that this warning -" ‘Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely?’"-   that I get  EVERYTIME I open an email or new page is coming from Avast and can be disabled in Avast- anybody know anything about this?       

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
All avast popups/warnings have avast logo and name on it ..... so does it?

You may attach a screenshot

BeachedBum

No logo- I tried turning off under "tools", "internet options" on my IE8 toolbar , but the warning persists.
How do I attach image?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
See below the box you write in   Attachments and other options

« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 09:48:55 PM by Pondus »

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Fixing the IE 8 warning –
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 09:59:02 PM »
Does it look like this ?  If so it is IE

Offline Simion

• Advanced Poster
Hi BeachedBum, that message is not from Avast as I have seen it on my commercial systems that run CIS. Try these two settings and restart IE:

Internet Options > Security tab > Reset all zones to default level
Internet Options > Advanced tab > Restore Advanced settings

If no joy, please report your operating system and service pack level.

iroc9555

The alert pops up because " Display Mixed Content " is set to prompt. You have to enable it for the alerts to end.

Open IE 8 Options > Security Tab > Internet > Custom level > Miscellaneous > Display Mixed content > Enable

BTW. I borrowed the two images from different sites since my IE 8 is in Spanish.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 12:41:31 AM by iroc9555 »

BeachedBum

The alert pops up because " Display Mixed Content " is set to prompt. You have to enable it for the alerts to end.

Open IE 8 Options > Security Tab > Internet > Custom level > Miscellaneous > Display Mixed content > Enable

BTW. I borrowed the two images from different sites since my IE 8 is in Spanish.

That worked!!!

Thanks for the help!!!

iroc9555

That worked!!!

Thanks for the help!!!

You are welcome.

Now that you now it is not avast! and it is a security set up for IE to be a little more secure, and since IE 8 and Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft, you should leave it to " Prompt " you of the mix content and to choose " Yes ". Even more secure would be to switch to another browser like FF or Chrome for your day to day browsing.