Author Topic: Avast blocking a .dll file that runs our main business software  (Read 5719 times)

foofoodar

I have a support ticket # OZG-211-85755 in regarding this issue for over a week now with no response, so I figured I'd post this here.

Avast has all of the sudden report jsbvt220.dll as malware and moves it to the chest, the problem is, this is NOT malware, it is part of the software we run to operate our entire business. I have report this as a false positive at least a dozen times but nothing has changed.

I now have a "workaround" for this issue, but still need help in resolving the issue.

Out of the 20 or so computers we have here, most peoples worked by just setting up a global exclusion to stop the dll file from being scanned, but randomly in the morning when a few (2-3) people come into work in the morning and open the program, avast blocks the dll file and I have to restore it and reboot their machine for the global exclusion to work again, even though it shows up in the exclusions list, and this is a daily occurrence for at least one person, even though all of the computers are managed under the SOA client running on the server and they are all connected and all the settings are updated instantly when I change them around.

Just to give you an idea of what all I have setup just to get this program to function again:

I have jsbvt220.dll and jsbterm.exe setup in exclusions & in global exclusions, jsbterm.exe is the program executing the dll file, so I figured I'd exclude both of them.

In the filesystem shield I have the scan DLL files when loading option turned off, and I have the jsbvt220.dll & jsbterm.exe in the filesystem shield exclusions as well, I have all of the actions for Virus, Pup, and suspicious set to ask instead of move to chest.

As of this morning, with all of the settings above in place, the program seems to be working for everybody, but I feel like all of these settings are creating a security risk, is there anyway to figure out and fix this issue, as jsvbt220.dll is not a malicious file, at least not with the software we are using.

Offline Avosec-UK

• Avosec Technical Support
  • Avast Reseller
    • Avosec
Re: Avast blocking a .dll file that runs our main business software
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 05:06:43 PM »
You could send the sample to virus{at}avast.com. Make sure to protect the archive with password "infected".

foofoodar

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 03:38:48 PM »
I already have a support ticket created where I attached the DLL for them to review, but I am not getting any response and it has been over a week so I'm not sure if that will change anything or not, I had another ticket open regarding my license and received an almost instant reply, at least what I have setup is working for now...

foofoodar

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 05:35:01 PM »
Does avast take forever to reply to these kinds of tickets? I haven't gotten a response from anybody...

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 05:40:30 PM »
Each time you edit the ticket it will be put back at the bottum of the stack.
Do as Avosec said and/or use the contact form:
http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 09:07:08 AM »
Hello,
false positive was fixed. Have you received reply on the ticket?

Milos

foofoodar

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 05:49:39 PM »
I have not received a reply on the ticket, but I will set everything back to standard later today and test to see if it works.

I will update this after I test everything.

Thanks!

foofoodar

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 11:17:07 PM »
Well, I removed all the exclusions and set everything back to default and it all works again now, so it looks like it is fixed!

Thanks!