Author Topic: Windosw 7 backup and AVAST do not appear to work together.  (Read 2229 times)

REDACTED

I am running Windows 7 Pro and Avast 2014.9.0.2018.  When I start Windows 7 backup and Avast is enabled, I receive the error message "there is not enough space on the drive windows is installed on to prepare for backing up your files".

I have 275 GB free on my hard drive and 750 GB free on the external.

However, is I disable Avast and then start the backup, the backup works fine.

So, is there a problem running Windows backup on a machine with Avast.

Oh by the way, I am also running Thunderbird and this machine and had to disable Avast because Thunderbird and Avast do not play well together.

Thanks for you help.
Dennis

Offline jvidal

Re: Windosw 7 backup and AVAST do not appear to work together.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 10:38:54 PM »
Avast works fine with TB, been using 'em together for years. Only sometimes I have to "confirm exception", but it's rare, mainly after an avast upgrade.
As for the backup, use something different. Just backup the files yourself. You can then just sync them using something like free file sync.
Forget about windows backup.
(I know this doesn't fix your problem, i'm merely sugesting an alternative)

dprout69

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 03:48:05 AM »
I use windows 7 backup and avast fine together. 

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 11:25:52 AM »
I use windows 7 backup and avast fine together. 

Same for me on my win7 32bit (Starter Edition) on my netbook.

@ densolis
Given that you are also experiencing issues thunderbird (no problems here with TB and avast), I just wonder if this isn't some sort of conflict with another security application.

Have (or did) you another Anti-Virus installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?

What other security based applications do you have installed (e.g. anti-spy/malware, firewall, etc.) ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security