Author Topic: avast blocking navigation in my site  (Read 3621 times)

pavlos1

avast blocking navigation in my site
« on: May 01, 2014, 09:32:37 PM »
Suddenly all navigation, (navigation bar and navigation menu) was lost from my page.
At the same time I got these messages from Avast antivirous (see attachments).
What can I do to solve this issue? Does anyone else encounter the same issue?
The creator of the WYSIWYG programm say it is a false positive?
Thank you

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: avast blocking navigation in my site
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 09:48:28 PM »
Since the screenshots are in a language other than English
you will get better help in you language find it here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=21.0
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Tondah

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 09:35:23 AM »
Hi pavlos1, your site was compromised and now some of your javascript files contains link to malicious javascript.

You can find this link at the bottom of file and it is usually located between comments like "/*e10fe2*/.../*/e10fe2*/".

pavlos1

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 12:26:46 PM »
Hi pavlos1, your site was compromised and now some of your javascript files contains link to malicious javascript.

You can find this link at the bottom of file and it is usually located between comments like "/*e10fe2*/.../*/e10fe2*/".

Thank you for your response.
I am not sure I quite understand you. What do you mean at the bottom of file?
Thanks

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 04:03:21 PM »

Thank you for your response.
I am not sure I quite understand you. What do you mean at the bottom of file?
Thanks

The javascript files that are run on your site, as highlighted in the quoted text. So check the javascript files (open in a text editor) and look at the bottom of the page for that mysterious/malicious script between the comments mentioned.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 04:05:07 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

pavlos1

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 10:53:33 PM »
Thank you, issue resolved.

However, how did these scripts get infected in the first place and how can I avoid it in future?
How come and scripts are so easilly infected?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 11:25:46 PM »
Hard to say exactly how they get modified as there are many ways.

First they have to gain access to your files, in some cases it is out of date content management software, which has a vulnerability that can be exploited. You have to ensure that the software in use on your website is fully up to date, closing any vulnerability. This may be your responsibility or your hosts.

There could be a weakness in your host, where others can access your control panel and or bypass your hosts security. It would be wise to change your site/control panel passwords, etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 11:42:09 PM »
Here we see a couple of sites infested with this particular trojan: http://worldguidepremium.com/clean-mx/viruses.php?virusname=JS:Includer-AUF%20Trj&sort=id%20DESC
See the realtime virus viewer report for one of the detections: http://worldguidepremium.com/clean-mx/view_virusescontent.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpsresults.com%2F
specially crafted requests of application/x-javascript saving  /tmp/BAREsfCpB' etc. output created by Wget 1.12 on linux-gnu to manipulate.
The trojan is a blacole variant.

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!