Author Topic: GRIMEFIGHTER stuck in boot time.  (Read 15663 times)

Shean

GRIMEFIGHTER stuck in boot time.
« on: May 02, 2014, 11:08:29 AM »
I have been having the same problem with this GrimeFighter cleaner... It has been so many hours for 3 days I left my computer for Grimefighter to boot and start its function. It seems it wont allow me to choose to undo it, my keyboard and mouse not functioning to select operating system during reboot. 2 days back there was this one time that it ran and was stuck in the Contacting the Headquarter phase, unfortunately I had a power cut so I had to switch off my PC. Then after there was never a time that it again function, except for a blinking cursor at the top right screen. Please suggest what I should be doing !!! Till date I keep my computer switched on for hours expecting for the Grimefighter to work but its useless.. How many more hours ?? Does it take 24 hours to analyse what to be cleaned and fixed or any other function it has.. Please help me here. Formatting or Reinstalling my OS will work ??? Thanks in advance

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: GRIMEFIGHTER stuck in boot time.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 04:10:07 AM »
I see you also posted in other topic.
The response for major concerns as yours needs to be far more immediate. I can't imagine having to work through such an event with no support.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 10:12:11 AM »
Hi Shean,

Please, can you open a support ticket and include your Avast5.ini file?  You can get that by going to Program Data, Avast Software, Avast.

This is definitely not expected behavior and we are really sorry for this frustrating experience.

Regards,

Davidek

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 11:39:23 PM »
Not expected behavior?Have you seen all the posts about grimefighter causing serious problems?In my opinion its certainly expected that when you install grimefighter expect problems and good luck getting help resolving them.It seems like your doing your best Davidek to help but more people are needed for support.I don't even use grimefighter and seeing all these post and hearing people scruggling to get help is unbelievable.

Hi Shean,

Please, can you open a support ticket and include your Avast5.ini file?  You can get that by going to Program Data, Avast Software, Avast.

This is definitely not expected behavior and we are really sorry for this frustrating experience.

Regards,

Davidek

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 05:33:00 PM »
I can only apologize for the frustration that users are having right now.

We do have a new release that is just about ready that should solve a few of the known issues.

In the meantime, we will issue a refund to anyone who is not satisfied within 30 days of purchase.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 05:50:48 PM »
I can only apologize for the frustration that users are having right now.

We do have a new release that is just about ready that should solve a few of the known issues.

In the meantime, we will issue a refund to anyone who is not satisfied within 30 days of purchase.

Just a comment from my perspective.
With the 'obvious' unacceptable number of folks with serious, unresolved/unresolvable issues, I would think a "formal Notice" on the forum with exact instructions on the "Refund Process" for those specific users affected by the major Bugs in GF would be the least expected!
I also am absolutely in understanding with the Frustration and anger by those users who now can't use their machines.

lupinesse

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 11:21:31 AM »
Hi,

just bought Avast Internet Security (updated to most recent version according to the program, 2014.9.0.2018) and decided to try GrimeFighter after seeing the pop-up advertising it. I paid for it and installed it, which seemed to go OK. Only when I selected 'Optimize my computer' (sorry if that's not the exact translation, my Avast is running localized version in Finnish) and was asked to reboot, the problems started.

Computer restarts, and it's stuck on the BIOS screen. I get message saying BIOS: Drive = 0x0, H=0, S=0 and a blinking cursor after that. It stays there for hours, nothing happens. Only when I reboot *again* it goes again back to Windows, but when I go back to GrimeFighter after rebooting to Windows, it now complains that my license file is lost so I have to manually recover it after each reboot.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate on Acer Aspire 4830 laptop, with Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics card.

Is there a solution to this or should I just ask for a refund? Avast itself works beautifully, but GrimeFighter doesn't.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 11:44:56 PM »
I think these guys should be made responsible for bricking PCs, and I'm not talking just refunds. It's not normal to happen.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 01:30:52 PM »
I have also purchased Grimefighter download and find that it goes no further than sedating the PC,after spending a great deal of time and patience on this now i would like to claim my money back under the 30 days ruling, but where to claim this back is another question,any help out there would be appreciated. Many thanks for any help.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 06:01:03 PM »
I have also purchased Grimefighter download and find that it goes no further than sedating the PC,after spending a great deal of time and patience on this now i would like to claim my money back under the 30 days ruling, but where to claim this back is another question,any help out there would be appreciated. Many thanks for any help.

Open a support ticket and request a "Refund for Grimefighter".
Post the ticket number here.
Do not pay for any Support as there are Avast team members and some users that can help for Free. :)

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2014, 04:17:21 PM »
Thanks for your reply, done what you suggested and got an email reply with an ID; ICO-669-32210  number to quote/use in any correspondence but after viewing all the issues that Grimefighter have i feel that the only conclusion for me would be to have my money repaid back to me.

I had cause to ring their help line and was told that the reason that Grimefighter did not work was because of a number of virus's on my PC despite the fact i had been using their products for some time now. They offered to get these and other items put right but at a cost of £79.99 to me, so i feel i have paid enough out now so a repayment of the non- working Grimefighter down load would be the very least they could do. Many thanks for any help given.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2014, 06:09:26 PM »
@ johncooksey

Give it a few days and see what developes.
You did specifically request a refund for Grimefighter, correct?

« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 06:11:31 PM by schmidthouse »

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 05:55:35 PM »
Buenas tardes, espero que esta consulta en español pueda ser respondido.  Se instalo de forma automatica el grimerFighter en mi pc y no lo encuentro, pero el problema es que tarda mucho en arrancar la pc. y algunos otros comportamientos raros y aleatorios. Como puedo solucionarlo? Me olvidaba, yo tengo instalado el internet security.
Gracias
Saludos

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2014, 06:09:52 PM »
Buenas tardes, espero que esta consulta en español pueda ser respondido.  Se instalo de forma automatica el grimerFighter en mi pc y no lo encuentro, pero el problema es que tarda mucho en arrancar la pc. y algunos otros comportamientos raros y aleatorios. Como puedo solucionarlo? Me olvidaba, yo tengo instalado el internet security.
Gracias
Saludos

Hola

Hay muchos problemas con Grimefighter. Si no puede resolver su problema, abra un ticket de soporte y solicitar "Reembolso para Grimefighter"

Lo siento que esto es traductor. :)

También puede publicar tu problema aquí:https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=25.0

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 05:35:08 PM »
@ johncooksey

Give it a few days and see what developes.
You did specifically request a refund for Grimefighter, correct?

Hi schmidthouse,  Yes i did request a refund and gave them the reasons why,not heard any more from them apart from the automated email i received.

Having used their 'Help Line' number given i now find that not only have i got a useless download from them (GF) but also an expensive phone call as well, it seems that this company are taking the piss don't you think. What else can i or all those others out there do,probably nothing, it seems!!

Kind Regards, John.