Author Topic: GRIMEFIGHTER stuck in boot time.  (Read 15660 times)

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: GRIMEFIGHTER stuck in boot time.
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 06:30:23 PM »
@ John
Not likely any processing over the weekend and a few business days is acceptable I think.
Your  ID; ICO-669-32210 (you quoted above)
I'm just a user of Avast over the years but will keep an eye on the development. :)

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2014, 11:51:34 AM »
@ John
Not likely any processing over the weekend and a few business days is acceptable I think.
Your  ID; ICO-669-32210 (you quoted above)
I'm just a user of Avast over the years but will keep an eye on the development. :)
Hi shmidthouse,

Its been over a week now since the auto email reply and i have not heard anything/or received a refund to date.
I understand your position here (not working for Avast) and i do thank you for your efforts/advice given.
Just looking at the many 'Posts' made on this subject it clearly shows Avast have a problem here so therefore i would think it would be in their interest to get to grips with this and the very least they can do is refund those people, like myself who realise they have paid money for something they have not received or unlikely to be able to use.
If there is anyway you could ,as a long time user of Avast, put across to them of the frustration they are inflicting onto both new and long term users of their products,i would be most grateful.

Kind Regards,
John

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2014, 05:40:01 PM »
@ John

If you can take a moment, here is a topic link and information on potential steps to acquire a refund, and explain you specific situation to Adam Riley. Read specifically Post #8
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=149866.0

I agree that the lack of support for Grimefighter continues. I know that Adam Riley has been proactive when it comes to customer satisfaction.

Edit: I have forwarded your issue to Adam and provided a link to this thread.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 05:51:00 PM by schmidthouse »

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 03:23:27 PM »
@ John

If you can take a moment, here is a topic link and information on potential steps to acquire a refund, and explain you specific situation to Adam Riley. Read specifically Post #8
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=149866.0

I agree that the lack of support for Grimefighter continues. I know that Adam Riley has been proactive when it comes to customer satisfaction.

Edit: I have forwarded your issue to Adam and provided a link to this thread.

Hi schmidthouse, Re, Grimefighter.

I Would like to inform you that i have recieved a refund into my bank account today. I did not give up easily on trying to get this to work, avast technicians also put some time in but unfortunatly we could not produce the right results.

I would like to thank you for you help in this matter and for pointing me in the right direction and for Avast in accepting that there is indeed a problem.

I will ofcourse remain a customer of theirs and 'who knows' if and when Avast manage to sort the issues out with GF, i might be tempted to give it another go.

Once again many thanks,  John.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 07:10:08 PM »
You're welcome.
Unfortunately, sometimes the results we are looking for don't happen.
Good to see all worked out  :)

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 07:40:29 PM »
I am waiting for my refund too the support center at Avast want me to buy a service solution for $176 per year this is ridiculous I pay $29.99 and now this.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 09:29:28 PM »
I am waiting for my refund too the support center at Avast want me to buy a service solution for $176 per year this is ridiculous I pay $29.99 and now this.

Any offer to provide support for any amount of money is done by a 3rd Party Support Service called " GuruAid"
There Scare tactics and hard sell service offers have affected many,many users and they are not recommended.

Patience is the necessary strategy now. :)