Author Topic: Cannot disable sms for sim card change.  (Read 8410 times)

xxgiga

Cannot disable sms for sim card change.
« on: May 04, 2014, 08:16:56 AM »
Hello!
I installed avast mobile security with anti-theft etc long time ago when I bought my android (probably 1-2 years ago) but I uninstalled it not long after because it makes my phone lagging & slow. After that there's nothing happen, but few months ago I changed my sim card provider and since then everytime I turn off & turn on my phone, there are 2 sms notification being sent to my mom's phone, from my old number. At first I didn't really think about it because the GPS location that being sent in the sms is somehow pointed to weird country while my phone is still here with me in Indonesia.
And then I realized my credit balance keeps decreasing because the sms notifications somehow changed its number to my new number, and it's sent to my mom's phone still. And then I realized those sms aren't free after all...... so I had to find way to completely remove any Avast remainings in my phone.
I tried to reinstall Avast mobile security but I didn't find any option to remove the sms notification, instead I keep wasting my credit balance to send SMSes (which i doubt can make changes)

Please help me, how to remove the sms notification thing because my old number is already dead and I dont even remember my old avast pin, and keep paying on this! Should I sell my phone?? lol

REDACTED

Re: Cannot disable sms for sim card change.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 11:45:28 AM »
This is a huge problem - I've sent my smartphone, and my home telephone is still ringing! ;( I've tried everything.
Please help to to deactivate anti-thief sms service....
Hello!
I installed avast mobile security with anti-theft etc long time ago when I bought my android (probably 1-2 years ago) but I uninstalled it not long after because it makes my phone lagging & slow. After that there's nothing happen, but few months ago I changed my sim card provider and since then everytime I turn off & turn on my phone, there are 2 sms notification being sent to my mom's phone, from my old number. At first I didn't really think about it because the GPS location that being sent in the sms is somehow pointed to weird country while my phone is still here with me in Indonesia.
And then I realized my credit balance keeps decreasing because the sms notifications somehow changed its number to my new number, and it's sent to my mom's phone still. And then I realized those sms aren't free after all...... so I had to find way to completely remove any Avast remainings in my phone.
I tried to reinstall Avast mobile security but I didn't find any option to remove the sms notification, instead I keep wasting my credit balance to send SMSes (which i doubt can make changes)

Please help me, how to remove the sms notification thing because my old number is already dead and I dont even remember my old avast pin, and keep paying on this! Should I sell my phone?? lol

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 10:50:10 AM »
This post had been read by 966 times and still no answer comes for it.
I experience the same case with xxgiga. Everytime I turn off and on it again, or even restart it, a sms notification will come to other phone number telling that the sim card is changed. I've uninstalled the avast, I removed the registered device in my avast account on the web, I also did reply the sms notification by sending command "found" or something else I forgot the exact command. But they didn't work at all! The sms notification always comes to my other number and it really bothers and takes my credit balances for nothing.

Please someone help us. Avast! Support team please read this message and help us.
Oh btw, I'm from Indonesia too just like xxgiga. Is this a bug?? Does it only happen to user in Indonesia? :( :( :( :( :( :(
please help us.

Hello!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 11:03:41 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 08:08:54 PM »
This post had been read by 966 times and still no answer comes for it.
I experience the same case with xxgiga. Everytime I turn off and on it again, or even restart it, a sms notification will come to other phone number telling that the sim card is changed. I've uninstalled the avast, I removed the registered device in my avast account on the web, I also did reply the sms notification by sending command "found" or something else I forgot the exact command. But they didn't work at all! The sms notification always comes to my other number and it really bothers and takes my credit balances for nothing.

Please someone help us. Avast! Support team please read this message and help us.
Oh btw, I'm from Indonesia too just like xxgiga. Is this a bug?? Does it only happen to user in Indonesia? :( :( :( :( :( :(
please help us.

Hello!

No, it does not only happen in Indonesia.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 10:20:54 PM »
Ah, so it's faulty software?
Amazing no rep response in this thread.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 11:00:35 PM »
1]
This is a 5 month old dead thread.

2]
It is working fine.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 02:08:38 PM »
Has anyone found a solution to this issue as I now have a choice of throwing away a perfectly good phone because of faulty software? >:(

I will definitely not be recommending this software if this is the level of interest its support team has.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 02:18:56 PM »
If you want support, start your own thread and provide details.

Offline Lea Beukes

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 05:24:21 PM »
Please advise how to stop the "sim card change" messages that my daughter is receiving when I change my sim Card in my Android device (Experia Tablet).  I initially used her cellphone number as "friend" in MY AVAST, but since deleted her number from the Settings  in the Anti-Theft section of the device where I logged in on "My. avast.com.  When that did not stop the sms's,  I completely deleted the Experia device from the list of Protected devices.  Still the sim change messages are being sent to her.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 07:56:56 PM »
Please advise how to stop the "sim card change" messages that my daughter is receiving when I change my sim Card in my Android device (Experia Tablet).  I initially used her cellphone number as "friend" in MY AVAST, but since deleted her number from the Settings  in the Anti-Theft section of the device where I logged in on "My. avast.com.  When that did not stop the sms's,  I completely deleted the Experia device from the list of Protected devices.  Still the sim change messages are being sent to her.
Lea, I will suggest that you uninstall Avast and install again in the tablet.
The best things in life are free.