Author Topic: Avast GrimeFighter  (Read 5824 times)

mwpurcel

Avast GrimeFighter
« on: May 04, 2014, 12:35:48 PM »
michael p <mwpurcel@gmail.com>
Apr 29 (5 days ago)

to helpdesk
Ticket ID: PHV-633-12348

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!

As an Avast Premier customer I thought I would try GrimeFighter. I paid and received a License.  I downloaded the GrimeFighter software and followed installation instructions.  It would not install.  I called Technical Support and was told it was my Computer and I needed to purchase Total Support to resolve it.  I purchased Total Support and the tech spent over an hour on my computer.  When finished GrimeFighter STILL wasn't installed!  This morning I called technical support and someone uninstalled all Avast software and reinstalled it AND GrimeFighter STILL wasn't installed!  He submitted a technical support Ticket for me to persue! 

And now you have told me to submit screenshots and troubleshoot it Myself!!

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!

This problem needs to be sent to someone at the management level outside Technical Support.

I do not believe the problem is either my computer or the GrimeFighter software BUT with the LICENSE!!

Whatever the case I need a resolution!

Michael Purcell

mwpurcel@gmail.com

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast GrimeFighter
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 12:51:14 PM »
Yes, the problem is with your system.
System requirements for GrimeFighter : Windows Vista / 7 / XP
You are running windows 8.
Ofcourse it will not work.

You called a third party support and paid them, not avast.
If you want your money back for GrimeFighter, use the contact form:
www.avast.com/contact-form.php

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 07:22:01 PM »
This is part avast fault also.Having a third party as a support option and seeing on the forums what dirty scam shit this 3rd party support are doing to people like taking $179 for support for something that doesn't even work on windows 8 or any other system(so many issues).Avast can see whats going on but yet continue to do nothing.They need to wake up and look whats going on  b4 it gets out of hand and they lose more users if it has not started to happen already.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 05:14:05 PM »
Mr Purcell,

I've just sent a mail to our Support team to go ahead and issue you a refund.  Very sorry for the frustration you are facing.

The refund can up to one week but please be sure it will be taken care of.

Davidek

dfen0015

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 07:20:25 PM »
I had the same problem.  Through the Avast! Pro Antivirus app on my windows 8.1, after finished a scan, I got a message to scan grime, I checked it out and told me to buy the Grime Fighter to make my system performance better.  And so I did, as I assumed since the message came through an app running on Windows 8.1 itself, what it would be advertising would also be compatible.  Anyways besides being disappointed for the "scam", I am also disappointed that I cannot use the Grime Fighter as it seemed quite a good tool.
I just contacted Avast! for a refund, hope I get one,  if not I'll have second thoughts about upgrading to Premium when the subscription expires in 60days.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 02:47:42 PM »
dfen thanks for being vocal about this issue.  We did in fact find a bug that allowed users on Win8/8.1 to purchase GrimeFigther.  That bug has since been fixed.

Please open a support ticket for a refund and post the ticket number here.  I will make sure it is handled asap.