Author Topic: can't connect to sites after using secureline  (Read 7799 times)

oui-oui dit non

can't connect to sites after using secureline
« on: May 06, 2014, 12:19:53 AM »
Hello,

I updated Avast. Now, everytime I use Secureline, when I disconnect, I cannot go on sites on the internet. I tried several navigators it's the same. Pages are not found. I am still connected to the internet because I can use Skype for instance.

Anybody can help me ? Thank you.

Offline irongod

Re: can't connect to sites after using secureline
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 03:26:20 PM »
Which OS are you using? Does Skype actually works (can you call. for instance) or just shows you online? Have you tried to refresh the connection?
You take the tarot cards and throw them to the wind!

oui-oui dit non

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 06:37:08 PM »
I am in Windows 8.1, I tried Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
When I use Secureline and when I want to stop, I can't go on internet sites. I can use the internet with Skype, yes, it works. I tried to refresh... if I want to have access to sites, I have to restart the computer.
Thank you

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 06:45:57 PM »
Not sure if this will help however, at times I have also experienced difficulty connecting "AFTER" disconnecting from Secureline.(Has something to do with Wireless adapter change)
I found if I reboot and then don't connect to Secureline the wireless connection is re-established.
Try it and see if your connections are successlful

oui-oui dit non

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 07:55:11 PM »
Thank you, yes as I said, when I restart computer / reboot, it works but it means I have to reboot everytime I use SecureLine...
Did it stop doing this for you ?

Offline irongod

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 08:23:18 AM »
I agree that the problem seems to be originated from the fact that Win continues to use somehow the Secureline "virtual" adapter(s) even after disconnecting. I would suggest to clean completely Avast (with the tool or Revo Unistaller + plus a manual search for leftovers  ;) ) ... then look if some Securline TAN adapters (if I remember well they are called like this) are still installed and remove them! At the beginning of Avast v9 I had a lot of problems therefore I switched from v9 to v8 tens of times, then I discovered there were about 5/6 virtual adapters left by Avast in the system.. this might the cause of your issues (please note that by that time I had and XP SP3 machine, thus it might be different from Win 8) ... good luck! hope this helps! 8)
You take the tarot cards and throw them to the wind!

oui-oui dit non

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 06:42:52 PM »
Thank you, I will try and let you know how it worked.