Author Topic: Full Virus Scan Not all files scanned?  (Read 3824 times)

Zimzane

Full Virus Scan Not all files scanned?
« on: May 06, 2014, 05:30:35 PM »
How come after a full scan, the results say some files could not be scanned archive is password protected? What can be done?

Offline OndraM

• Avast team
Re: Full Virus Scan Not all files scanned?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 04:17:26 PM »
if you have a password protected archive, Avast can not scan file contents. You either remove the password protection from the archive or unpack the files somewhere to be scanned.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 05:06:34 PM »
Some files are password-protected from their creators (e.g. various installation programs). You cannot do anything about it since you don't know the password... but the "outer" file is always scanned, and the inner files (avast! is warning you about) would be scanned by the File System Shield during the installation, so generally you don't have to worry about it.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 06:24:53 PM »
How come after a full scan, the results say some files could not be scanned archive is password protected? What can be done?
this question is asked once a week so lots of info if you forum search ..... especially older topics where we took us time to explain.   ;)

How do I handle files that avast! can’t scan?    https://blog.avast.com/2014/02/28/how-do-i-handle-files-that-avast-cant-scan/

« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:30:29 PM by Pondus »

Zimzane

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 07:23:35 PM »
this question is asked once a week so lots of info if you forum search ..... especially older topics where we took us time to explain.   ;)

How do I handle files that avast! can’t scan?    https://blog.avast.com/2014/02/28/how-do-i-handle-files-that-avast-cant-scan/

Thank you for your input, but there is one thing I wanted to say. Sometimes this thing called time is an issue, therefore, that is self explanatory as to why I did not search the forums, nevertheless, I thank you for your time explaining these things.