Author Topic: How to deploy to multiple workstations  (Read 3482 times)

flakrat

How to deploy to multiple workstations
« on: July 12, 2005, 10:08:00 PM »
Howdy,

We've purchased around 15 licenses of Avast! Professional 4 for our Windows XP workstations at work.
Right now we are running the trial version on these machines.

I'd like to install it on my workstation, register it, configure it (set daily scheduled scans), and then be able to deploy that identical setup to the remaining workstations.

Is this possible?  I notice that we only received one key for all our licensed workstations, so I'm hoping there's an easy way to replicate the customized configuration to multiple machines.

Thanks,
Mike

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: How to deploy to multiple workstations
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 10:18:07 PM »
I'd like to install it on my workstation, register it, configure it (set daily scheduled scans)
Do it...

, and then be able to deploy that identical setup to the remaining workstations. Is this possible?  I notice that we only received one key for all our licensed workstations, so I'm hoping there's an easy way to replicate the customized configuration to multiple machines.
Just go File menu > Silent Installation and choose the folder where the configuration files must be saved.

Welcome to avast!  8)
The best things in life are free.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 07:42:44 AM »
Or use ADNM instead - is there a specific reason you don't want to use it?

To use the Silent installation option, please see the online help in avast - the GUI wasn't too intuitive last time I checked... :)

Thanks
Vlk
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 08:08:29 AM by Vlk »
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

flakrat

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 04:44:47 PM »
I found the silent install deal, but checking through the ini file that it creates, I don't see it picking up my "Scheduled Scans".

ADNM, didn't know about this.  I'll have to look into it.  Thanks, Mike