Author Topic: Brand new my.avast.com :-)  (Read 20396 times)

Offline JBG

• Avast team
Brand new my.avast.com :-)
« on: May 07, 2014, 06:36:17 PM »
Hi everyone!

after some time, we are beta testing new my.avast.com and we are interested in your feedback.
  • We have completely redesigned the UI to meet desktop as well as mobile needs.
  • There's a brand new section called Facebook security which may help with Facebook privacy issues.
Please, be aware that it is still a beta and some parts are still under development.
We would appreciate your feedback and suggestions which can influence the final version.

If you are interested in giving it a go you can find the new beta running here:
https://my-new.avast.com/

For the power geeks we have prepared sort of a "command line mode". Just press SPACEBAR anywhere in the site.

There are some known bugs we are still aware of:
  • FB security:
    If you use filters, your threats may not be sorted from latest to oldest properly.
  • Incomplete localizations:
    New UI for my.avast is currently ready only in English. We are working on other languages.
  • Browsers:
    IE, FF, Safari on Mac - icons may not be aligned properly in these browsers.
  • Safari on Mac:
    On device info page, Commands and Notifications tabs have layout issues.
  • Spacebar search:
    Still work in progress.

Sincerely yours.
my.avast.com team

disPlay

Re: Brand new my.avast.com :-)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 06:24:07 PM »
First of all congratulations for the work that the avast team has been putting in developing this portal.
The idea of pressing space bar to get more advance control over the devices is excellent
The interface is very clean, fast and simple.

:D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 06:25:51 PM by disPlay »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 07:12:22 PM »
I find the #Home page rather bland (dull colours) compared to the original.

I take FaceBook security very seriously, which is why I have never signed up to it ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 04:46:33 PM »
Tenho minha conta e quero saber como cadastrar mais um celular nessa conta

Offline jefferson sant

• Starting Graphoman
  • volunteer
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 01:18:09 AM »
Tenho minha conta e quero saber como cadastrar mais um celular nessa conta

Abra a interface do Avast-> Aparelhos->proteja outro aparelho
escolha a plataforma

primeiro você tem que fazer login com seu endereço de e-mail
e senha  para que esta opção seja mostrada na tela

veja em anexo

Offline OndraM

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 10:57:49 AM »
Ir para o mercado Android, instalar o avast! AMS e / ou AntiTheft e emparelhá-lo com a sua conta no aplicativo, ele aparecerá automaticamente na my.avast.com.

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 01:33:39 AM »
Clicking both my PC's, my.avast.com is telling me Avast! Free Antivirus is on both active, and it is offering me an upgrade ... while I am using Avast! Internet Security :-\

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Offline jefferson sant

• Starting Graphoman
  • volunteer
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 03:30:59 AM »
Ir para o mercado Android, instalar o avast! AMS e / ou AntiTheft e emparelhá-lo com a sua conta no aplicativo, ele aparecerá automaticamente na my.avast.com.

Agradeço pela explicação
espero que o usuário tenha resolvido o problema.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 03:38:49 AM by jefferson santiag »

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 11:00:49 AM »
This is bad news for me and all desktop/notebook`s users. When I want to quickly have short Info about my devices, I must do much more clicks and spend more time than in old version. :(  Instead Info section, first window is advertisement of Avast products, which I know. It is not necessary to show me it again and again, when I change between my devices. New UI is more colorful but slower and annoying... It does not meet my requirements
  • We have completely redesigned the UI to meet desktop as well as mobile needs.
This is IMHO wrong way...

Offline OndraM

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 04:43:55 PM »
There exactly as many clicks to reach device detail as there were before.  Click Device > Select device > See Overview

We do not believe that support mobile device is wrong.

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 12:39:03 AM »
There exactly as many clicks to reach device detail as there were before.  Click Device > Select device > See Overview
No it is not true... I don`t see any Overview, but I must click on Info icon:
Click Device > Select device > click Info , change to another device > click Info again... change to another > click Info... strange and boredom. Why is not Info screen default?
Quote from: OndraM

Yes, but I mean that support mobile device and desktop with the same UI is wrong.... less effective when working on desktop

Offline OndraM

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 02:08:52 PM »
No it is not true... I don`t see any Overview, but I must click on Info icon:
Click Device > Select device > click Info , change to another device > click Info again... change to another > click Info... strange and boredom. Why is not Info screen default?

The overview info was reported as too cluttered and that's why it was moved to a deeper level. We are thinking of bringing up some of the information to the main page, but definitely not everything.

You can quickly navigate to any page. Just press space bar and type "info" and avast will offer you a list of device for which it can show the info page. Just select it and you land directly on that page. (You can do this with any of the pages). Try typing "Where is", "Statistics", etc.

Quote from: OndraM

Yes, but I mean that support mobile device and desktop with the same UI is wrong.... less effective when working on desktop

Yes, this is exactly how it used to be in the old UI and that is why we are changing the app, so it behaves differently on mobile, differently in avast it self and differently on the desktop.

Offline marekaero

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 10:58:54 AM »
Jak vymazat, polohu z mapy ?

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 01:56:52 AM »
At this moment we have no options to filter the locations.
As example today, yesterday, last week or so.

On the location map is the default "Track location every minute"
I change it to "every 6 hours" but i cant´t see that my change was taken.
"Track location every minute" is what i see every time.

I think it is not so intuitive when i will see my location(map) and i must go to "send command".
On "Statistics" is it IMHO much better.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 02:04:13 AM by Jürgen S. »

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 09:54:55 PM »
hi,
an issue i have found...
unless i am missing something, i find no way to clear previous location hits from the map. under "info" i can clear the "command" section (there is a checkbox to select all and delete), but the "notification" section has only the location hits listed, with no way to select and clear them. thus, the map becomes very cluttered with previous hits listed and connection lines drawn.  i don't know if this will be covered by the other section in the forum about "location page issues".
ev