Author Topic: Brand new my.avast.com :-)  (Read 20409 times)

Offline OndraM

Re: Brand new my.avast.com :-)
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 10:10:39 PM »
Notification clearing will be included in the upcoming update.

Offline ed.marvin.matos

I can not access the panel with my android device
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 04:58:26 PM »

I can not access the panel with my android device (opera mini browser) need to swap is a browser or application failure? I really need to find my devices back through my android phone.

A request: add location 3 in 3 minutes.

You have a date for the next update?

---------------------------------

Não consigo acessar o painel com meu dispositivo android (browser opera mini) preciso trocar de browser ou é uma falha do aplicativo? Preciso muito voltar a localizar meus dispositivos através do meu celular android.

Um pedido: adicionem localização de 3 em 3 minutos.

Vocês tem previsão para  a proxima atualização?

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 09:10:14 AM »
Clicking both my PC's, my.avast.com is telling me Avast! Free Antivirus is on both active, and it is offering me an upgrade ... while I am using Avast! Internet Security :-\

Greetz, Red.

Same here  :o
As I now have to sequentially select each individual device, and then click again past the "upgrade your security level" ad  just to see its security details  >:(  which could be displayed instead of the ad  >:(  >:( at least the ad should get it right rather than making avast! look foolish.
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 09:20:25 AM »
I appreciate that effort was made to improve my.avast, however the ability to bookmark the overview page and simply scroll down to check the status and info of each device is certainly missed by me. The hectares of empty space for desktop users and erratic/slow/non response of the buttons is also frustrating.

Can there be a "print overview" button added to at least create a PDF?   

There exactly as many clicks to reach device detail as there were before.  Click Device > Select device > See Overview
No it is not true... I don`t see any Overview, but I must click on Info icon:
Click Device > Select device > click Info , change to another device > click Info again... change to another > click Info... strange and boredom. Why is not Info screen default?

The overview info was reported as too cluttered and that's why it was moved to a deeper level. We are thinking of bringing up some of the information to the main page, but definitely not everything.

You can quickly navigate to any page. Just press space bar and type "info" and avast will offer you a list of device for which it can show the info page. Just select it and you land directly on that page. (You can do this with any of the pages). Try typing "Where is", "Statistics", etc.

Quote from: OndraM

We do not believe that support mobile device is wrong.
Yes, but I mean that support mobile device and desktop with the same UI is wrong.... less effective when working on desktop

Yes, this is exactly how it used to be in the old UI and that is why we are changing the app, so it behaves differently on mobile, differently in avast it self and differently on the desktop.
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2014, 05:16:45 AM »
please old version it better.
Because open in iphone or mobile.
delete location not use.
easy command on web.

this version it badly.

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2014, 03:41:06 PM »
The site have problems,lot of timed out errors,not able to configure or send commands to my devices when it really needed (while my devices been stolen I was not able to do nothing due to problems on website,all commands was greyed out)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2014, 08:52:32 PM »
Really? I've tested two devices, into two different accounts, and everything goes fine on Firefox (latest) and Windows 8.1 x64 if that matters...
The best things in life are free.

Offline OndraM

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2014, 03:36:54 PM »
Regarding locations, this will be fixed in the upcoming release (that should be out shortly). Here is the new implementation of locations:
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=155171.0

Offline avastmobile2

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2014, 12:41:42 PM »
After using it for some time now, please add me to the list of people that "don't like" (which is an understatement) the new interface. I honestly don't understand why you fixed something that wasn't broken in the first place (other than some web programmer wanting to show of his "skillz").

The new UI in my opinion is very counter-intuitive. Often you click something and get no/little feedback at all that something has actually happened. Requesting location for instance. You click the "Locate" button, and you are presented with a map. None of the buttons on the map have a tooltip, so the only way to find out what they do is to actually click on them. It also took me a while to figure out you actually need to click the "Request Location" button. After you do, a message appears that it is trying to contact the device. That message changes in "Command sent succesfully" (or something similar). After a while this message disappears and nowhere on the map do you find any indication if it has successfully aquired the device's location. It still shows the last known location from your previous locate command. Nothing changes on the map. As it turns out, the only way to find out if the command has been successfull, is to close the map and reopen it. Incredibly counter-intuitive.

The map itself is a mess. There's no easy way to tell by just looking at it what the last acquired position is.

And sometimes you close the map, and reopen it a minute later and you are presented with an empty page with the text "No positions have been uploaded. Please use the Locate command to request device position." If I click "Request Location", it's unable to contact my device. Looking closely, I noticed it has switched devices, even though I never clicked on another device in the list on the left.

And last but not least, the site does not work (properly) on mobile devices. It has been designed for desktops so trying to view it on a mobile device gives terrible results.

I'm not one of those "because it's new I hate it" people. I gave it a chance and tried to use it. But the new UI is so annoying to use, I'm seriously considering switching to another app. I know it's free and shouldn't really complain, but I honestly was about to buy the pro version but the new UI is a deal-killer for me.

I know you will not kill the new UI and bring back the old version, but please consider giving us an option to use the old version again. So that people who like the new interface can use the new, and people like us can use the old.

Offline OndraM

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2014, 11:20:51 PM »
After using it for some time now, please add me to the list of people that "don't like" (which is an understatement) the new interface. I honestly don't understand why you fixed something that wasn't broken in the first place (other than some web programmer wanting to show of his "skillz").

The new UI in my opinion is very counter-intuitive. Often you click something and get no/little feedback at all that something has actually happened. Requesting location for instance. You click the "Locate" button, and you are presented with a map. None of the buttons on the map have a tooltip, so the only way to find out what they do is to actually click on them. It also took me a while to figure out you actually need to click the "Request Location" button. After you do, a message appears that it is trying to contact the device. That message changes in "Command sent succesfully" (or something similar). After a while this message disappears and nowhere on the map do you find any indication if it has successfully aquired the device's location. It still shows the last known location from your previous locate command. Nothing changes on the map. As it turns out, the only way to find out if the command has been successfull, is to close the map and reopen it. Incredibly counter-intuitive.

The map itself is a mess. There's no easy way to tell by just looking at it what the last acquired position is.

And sometimes you close the map, and reopen it a minute later and you are presented with an empty page with the text "No positions have been uploaded. Please use the Locate command to request device position." If I click "Request Location", it's unable to contact my device. Looking closely, I noticed it has switched devices, even though I never clicked on another device in the list on the left.

And last but not least, the site does not work (properly) on mobile devices. It has been designed for desktops so trying to view it on a mobile device gives terrible results.

I'm not one of those "because it's new I hate it" people. I gave it a chance and tried to use it. But the new UI is so annoying to use, I'm seriously considering switching to another app. I know it's free and shouldn't really complain, but I honestly was about to buy the pro version but the new UI is a deal-killer for me.

I know you will not kill the new UI and bring back the old version, but please consider giving us an option to use the old version again. So that people who like the new interface can use the new, and people like us can use the old.

I am sorry to hear. We are currently trying to improve the current functionality. To approach some of your points:

• By default, the map shows always the latest acquired position, but we can add a button Go to latest position"
  • If you get an empty page, it would indicate  a bug on our backend and we will fix it asap
  • New location page was done fairly quickly and the mobile version is not finished yet, but it should be out in upcoming releases
  • Historically, there is a gap between delivering a command to the device (this is communicated between Avast and Google) and the response from the device (the device gets actually woken by Google and responds back to Google). There is a delay between delivering the command and getting back the new position. We are trying to pair this process better from sending the command to obtaining the response to give you a better feedback, what is going on.

REDACTED

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2014, 09:30:46 PM »
Ben yeni Avast profilimde cihazlarıma android telefonumu ekleyemiyorum. Telefonumdan kaldırıp talimatları uygulayar tekrar kurdum fakat yinede cihazlarımda görünmüyor. Neden ?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2014, 06:12:10 AM »
Ben yeni Avast profilimde cihazlarıma android telefonumu ekleyemiyorum. Telefonumdan kaldırıp talimatları uygulayar tekrar kurdum fakat yinede cihazlarımda görünmüyor. Neden ?
Please post English here.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2014, 05:08:24 PM »
Hello,
Can someone tell me, why the "premium user" badge has been removed? In my list there is no one any more...
I ♥ Avast!

Offline Jiri2

• Avast team
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2014, 04:30:57 PM »
Hello,
Can someone tell me, why the "premium user" badge has been removed? In my list there is no one any more...
I ♥ Avast!
Hi,
the Premium user badge will appear in the UI very soon. We have to tune the logic of assigning this badge a little bit therefore we decided to hide it in UI for a while.

REDACTED

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2014, 05:11:53 PM »
Any one knows whats going on to connect at account page of my avast? Since yesterday after filling email e password, the page turn on white with such a clock runing e canot enter, try in 4 diferents pc.
Thanks for the help.