Author Topic: Long string trying to access the internet  (Read 2003 times)

TheDevian

Long string trying to access the internet
« on: May 07, 2014, 09:57:27 PM »
Could you guys, perhaps, stop having programs with file names such as 4658349687486776j54bnbk5y986y396y9.exe that try to access the internet, it really looks like a virus, and is not something I trust to allow access,even when I find them in your founder. If you are going to have a program that want's access to the net, put your name on it!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Long string trying to access the internet
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 10:14:06 PM »
Right click the file and look at the properties, there is avast mentioned in it.
So what is your problem?

TheDevian

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 10:42:29 PM »
because A) it looks like something that a virus would be named, B) they keep popping up with my firewall asking me if I want to allow it access, I cannot right click on it from there, I have to stop what I am doing and have to figure it out the hard way. It is a pain, and something they could easily prevent by putting some type of identifier in every exe filename that needs to have access, is it so bad to ask that they put their name on every file that is going to be causing popups with our firewalls? Isn't that something EVERY program should be doing?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 11:41:12 PM »
If it is in the C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\Setup\emupdate it is created when an emergency update is available.

If an emergency update is available then a uniquely named file is created and a RunOnce entry created to run this file to perform the emergency update on your next boot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 03:30:55 AM »
Add the avast folder to the settings in your firewall and tell it to allow it without asking.