Author Topic: The Bat! Integration  (Read 37116 times)

coralenka

Re:The Bat! Integration
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2003, 09:46:19 AM »
I have tested avast home edition 4.1 with the Bat and it seems to be very good.
It detects many viruses. However there's a website which sends test emails to you for virus cheking .
http://www.gfi.com/emailsecuritytest  
Most of the test were passed but there are some which failed. Pls check for yourself and try to improve the security holes in the next updates.

Check also this sites for  anti virus software comparation
http://www.hackfix.org/miscfix/icons-av.shtml

Wish you good luck and thanks for the good software you are providing us

joanlui

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2003, 11:44:49 PM »
I confirm! Answer please!  ::)

sedina

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2003, 10:01:50 AM »
Hi all,

if avast! for TheBat! doesn't catch some virus from GFI, it's not problem
of avast!, but problem of TheBat!. avast! plugin scans only attachments that TheBat! found in e-mail. So when TheBat! doesn't recognize the infected part,
avast! cannot catch it! But as Vlk said in some previous reply, GFI test contains some e-mails which have not sense in real world...

pavels

Gilbert

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2003, 10:09:37 PM »
OK guys, as promised I have the pre-release version of the avast TheBat! plugin ready for you.

Grab it from http://cat.asw.cz/~vlk/AvBatEx.bav and save it to your TheBat! directory. Then select the avast plugin in Bat's Antivirus settings, and you're ready to go!

Good luck, and please keep us informed!

Thanks
Vlk

I use The Bat! ver 2.01.3 under WinXP pro sp1 and have just finished installing Avast v4.1 Home. I imported your plugin but can't seem to be able to install the plugin in The Bat under Options Preferences and Plugin as it requests the plugin extention to be tbp. I guess I'm missing something in here but can't seem to grasp it...

--
Gilbert

trigger

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2003, 10:23:08 PM »
I use The Bat! ver 2.01.3 under WinXP pro sp1 and have just finished installing Avast v4.1 Home. I imported your plugin but can't seem to be able to install the plugin in The Bat under Options Preferences and Plugin as it requests the plugin extention to be tbp. I guess I'm missing something in here but can't seem to grasp it...

--
Gilbert
You have to go to options, preferences, warnings, anti-virus and install the avast plugin from there.

Peter

Gilbert

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2003, 10:47:37 PM »

--
Gilbert
You have to go to options, preferences, warnings, anti-virus and install the avast plugin from there.

Peter

Thanks a lot! It works well and much better than Kaspersky that kept passing everything both in the incoming traffic and scanning saved email msgs untill I wanted to save attached infected files. It was this aspect that made me want to change antivir sw.

I had two infected attachments in my saved email msgs and, while I was not worried about getting really infected, did not like the idea of them stored in there undetected by my av sw.

--
Gilbert