Author Topic: blue light icon in the system tray  (Read 4214 times)

wjt

blue light icon in the system tray
« on: July 13, 2005, 10:52:04 PM »
Hi, when i use p2p, i get a small blue light icon that comes up in the system tray is this avast scanning, it stays there a while, is this normal, as i have had avast for a while and it has only just started to do it.

thanks for your help

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: blue light icon in the system tray
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 11:07:55 PM »
Hi, when i use p2p, i get a small blue light icon that comes up in the system tray is this avast scanning, it stays there a while, is this normal, as i have had avast for a while and it has only just started to do it.
P2P provider does not have an extra icon...
Are you sure you're not refering to the email scanning? Into the Internet Mail provider settings you have the chance to check for an 'extra' icon.

Is the icon in the form of an i ?
Could be the VRDB icon? A swirling and flashing i that indicates VRDB generation?
The best things in life are free.

wjt

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 11:35:19 PM »
its the email scanning icon i think with a small blue bulb, which does come up with checking the mail, but it appears now when im downloading.

Its not the 'i' i have merged that with the a icon

regards

wjt

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 11:45:12 PM »
its the email scanning icon i think with a small blue bulb, which does come up with checking the mail, but it appears now when im downloading.
Its not the 'i' i have merged that with the a icon
Are you sure your P2P application is not using the 'mail' ports (pop3, smtp, imap or nntp ports)?
Which is your P2P application? Which ports do you use for email?
The best things in life are free.

wjt

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 05:59:19 PM »
im using Soulseek, its definatly not interferring with me mail ports ive just had another check now.

I have turned the icon off for now.

I installed thunderbird e-mail and avast at the same time as only just got the net recently, and as they were both new to me and i seen that icon everytime i checked my mail i thought it was just thunderbird.

When it started to appear when i was on soulseek, i thought someone was inside my pc trying to do damage.

as long as it is avast and not any dodgy program lol its fine.

Thanks for you help

Offline Abraxas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Perseverance Furthers...
    • PCLinuxOS-Forums
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 06:08:16 PM »
wjt said:
I installed thunderbird e-mail and avast at the same time as only just got the net recently, and as they were both new to me and i seen that icon everytime i checked my mail i thought it was just thunderbird.
It couldn't hurt to go to the repair option in add/remove programs and repair Avast! as it may be a bit scrambled.( do this online )
 Plus Defrag, and scandisk , just my 2 cents worth... ;)