Author Topic: Accessing Websites problem seen in several machines  (Read 1635 times)

dweber83

Accessing Websites problem seen in several machines
« on: May 08, 2014, 04:47:02 PM »
Hello,

I was hoping to get some help in a odd problem we are having at our school district using Avast Enterprise. In the past year, we have deployed roughly 40-50 new laptops for our teachers, all with Avast installed. For the most part it has worked great, with a few problem machines that I cannot understand. We deployed most of these machines all at the same time and over the past 8 months have heard from a few users experiencing a problem where "they can't get online". Sure enough, after days testing the first machine that had this problem, I traced it back to Avast. The machines that end up having this problem can still ping internal and external addresses, but when trying to access them via any browser, the page eventually times out.  As soon as I uninstall Avast from the machine, everything works as it should. And it seems like I have to uninstall it. I have tried disabling every option within the software and still am not allowed to access websites. I'd say this has happened to about 10% (so far) of the new laptops we have deployed and all at different times. We are actually getting ready to deploy another round so I was preparing a laptop to image and it has been working great...until today when I turned it on and found myself having the exact same problem explained above. As soon as I uninstalled, working perfectly again. If I were to install Avast again on the this laptop that it just encountered the problem, it would then bring back the problem where I can't access websites.

I didn't know if anyone else had experience this and knows WHY this is happening or if there is a remedy or solution to this problem. I'd appreciate any advice! Thanks in advance! If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask.

David Weber