Author Topic: Problems with the new version  (Read 2829 times)

Gringo

Problems with the new version
« on: July 14, 2005, 09:02:54 PM »
Hi All, i uptade my avast to the last version, when a restart my computer anythink work, all the aplication is bloqued and i cant run anyone, i restart my pc in the secure mode, i uninstall the avast and all work perfectly, now i am using the old version. I do not have installed any service pack, my PC is pIII 500 mhz 128 ram,  I can solve this problem? Thanx all and sorry, my inglish is not so good  :P

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Problems with the new version
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 09:06:36 PM »
Anything in Avast's log file?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 09:07:57 PM »
Hi All, i uptade my avast to the last version, when a restart my computer anythink work, all the aplication is bloqued and i cant run anyone, i restart my pc in the secure mode, i uninstall the avast and all work perfectly, now i am using the old version. I do not have installed any service pack, my PC is pIII 500 mhz 128 ram,  I can solve this problem? Thanx all and sorry, my inglish is not so good  :P
I have this once... But, in fact, I've installed two programs at the same time (one + avast upgrade)...
After removing avast in Safe Mode I did a new installation of it and everything worked.
Are you using any firewall? Other antivirus program? Any startup monitor application?
Did you boot just after installing avast?
The best things in life are free.

Gringo

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 09:13:18 PM »
Anything in Avast's log file?
  I cant open anything when the avast is instaled.

I use the Macafee Personal Plus Firewall,  but i install fist the avast and i reboot my computer when the new version is installed.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 09:16:33 PM »
1) use the uninstall util from Avast's website.
2) reboot
3) install Avast

Does this solves the problem?