Author Topic: Grimefighter on since 3 days  (Read 4492 times)

Torgek

Grimefighter on since 3 days
« on: May 11, 2014, 01:42:26 PM »
I 've bought grimefighter 3 days ago, i have started it and it has started to work, but after 10 minutes the screen of the monitor began blue with the script "avast grime fighter" and all the puppets behind, now i cant see the progress of the karma and with today it s running for 3 days (70 hours !), i dont know if i have to turn off the laptop because i have fear to ruin something in the computer, what i have to do? (And sorry for the bad english...)

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Grimefighter on since 3 days
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 05:30:42 PM »
Hi Torgek, and welcome to this Sub Forum.
There have been more then just a couple of posts where users are seeing this Grimefighter keep running with no apparent instructional dialogue to inform the user what is going on or where you are with the process??
Quite concerning, To my knowledge, there has not been any definitive direction/instruction From Avast as to what a user needs to/should do when Grimefighter runs/is running on a persons PC for 70 hours!
I am not sure what would ocurr if the OS was shut down, and can understand the fear.
 Other users with similar issue posted here, have left the process run.
Good luck 

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 01:28:02 PM »
Hello Torgek,

You should turn off the PC, it shouldn't ruin anything on your PC.  Once you boot back into Windows, please try to run GrimeFighter again.  It should take up to 2 hours or so to run, definitely not 70.  We did release a patch last week to fix this issue so hopefully it will work for you now.

If it persists to run for more than 2-3 hours, then please open a support ticket with your Avast5.ini file.  You can find this by going to Program Data, Avast Software, then Avast.  Please include that file in your ticket and also mail to me so I can follow up directly.

Thank,s

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 06:45:31 PM »
please just tell me how i can insure that i do not continue with this rubbish programme in other words ...how do i get shot of it ,michael tostevin .