Author Topic: "HQ, refund this mission"  (Read 3613 times)

blizen

"HQ, refund this mission"
« on: May 10, 2014, 04:33:03 PM »
I bought the licence for GrimeFighter and it doesn't work on my laptop.

Whenever I run GrimeFighter (which means, restart my computer) all I can see as a result is this:

I am using SAMSUNG SERIES 5 LAPTOP with WINDOW 7. Therefore, I fully expected that GrimeFighter would definitely run on my laptop.

Without further ado, FIX IT OR GIMME A REFUND

Thanks.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: "HQ, refund this mission"
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 02:27:25 PM »
Hi,

Sorry about the frustration you are experiencing.  The issue here is most likely caused by EFI, which is a replacement of BIOS.  In some cases EFI won't allow the PC to successfully boot into Linux, which is needed to run GrimeFigther.

Long story short, GrimeFighter unfortunately won't work on your PC.  Please open a support ticket and request a refund.  It can take up to 7 days to issue the refund.

Regards,

David

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 02:35:50 AM »
Seems like this Alpha high school project runs on very few, if any, systems.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 11:33:50 AM »
Hi binder,

I can understand your frustration from your other posts.  To be fair, the forums are a place people with issues come to for help so it's not really indicative of the product's quality.  There are definitely issues and we are working hard to fix them and will have a few updates in Jan/Feb next year to address a lot of those.

We do have many many satisfied customers but they usually don't come to support forums to share that.

As I said though, I do understand your frustration and we do need to make some improvements to this product, which we will.

Thanks,

davidek