Author Topic: Solved: Does avast free update to the latest program update automatically  (Read 3049 times)

Diddy

HI avast team how is it going on this fine day evening or morning.  I was wanting to ask a question please.  I was wondering will avast automatically update itself when ever their is a program update for avast free.  The reason I am asking this question is because I would really like to install avast free on someones laptop to protect his computer.  The other reason is because this person has no computer knowledge at all and I just want to make sure that avast free will update to the latest program update by itself so this person does not need to worry about updating avast free to the next program update.  Can you explain to me how this can be done.

Thanks and have a great day avast team
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 09:13:27 PM by Diddy »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Settings/Update and highlight the option for automatic updates under Program Settings.

Diddy

HI thanks for the answer to my question.  I was going to also ask when avast free is set to automatically update and the program update is installed do you still have to restart your computer to complete the program update.

thanks

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
I was going to also ask when avast free is set to automatically update and the program update is installed do you still have to restart your computer to complete the program update.
Yes.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Diddy

Thanks everyone for your help and advice.

Thanks

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Your welcome :)