Author Topic: Dropbox - Is there a way to remove  (Read 2281 times)

g2c

Dropbox - Is there a way to remove
« on: May 23, 2014, 07:41:46 AM »
Hello,

Can someone tell please how do i remove dropbox which has been installed while installing avast on a new machine?

Usually, it is considered that a program who maliciously installs another unwanted programs is simply a maleware: Avast, did you become a maleware company for the 25 anniversary celebration?

Thanks a lot for your time
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 07:43:42 AM by g2c »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Dropbox - Is there a way to remove
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 07:53:49 AM »
if you used avast custom install there should be a option to untic what you dont want.....

droppbox removal    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+i+uninstall+droppbox

g2c

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 08:08:03 AM »
Thank you darling: dropbox was not initially listed in 'remove programs list' nor in revo uninstall list. but more importantly, i may wrongly believe that if the avast forum was filled with this stupid question then avast would reconsider its ways and would realize that users have minor things to do other then removing unwanted sh..t

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 08:12:13 AM »
there are many topic/complaints posted here about the extras that are bundled.......
and most of us feel it should be opt in and not opt out .....maybe it will change in future release

plsrepli

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 09:48:01 AM »
@Pondus: Your presentation of the Google search process is very cool! I never knew that existed. Thanks for sharing!

plsrepli