Author Topic: Bye, bye Avast  (Read 2306 times)

FormerUser

Bye, bye Avast
« on: May 14, 2014, 01:59:12 PM »
Hi Guys,

thanks for the last good year, but me and our company decided to use some other anti virus software in the future. Simply because we don't want to be bothered constantly by a software that we paid for. Those permanent popups, that you cannot disable, and opt-out installation options (dropbox) while upgrading are an insolence to the user.
Your software seems to be good, but your treatment of the user is really daunting.

Regards,
A former user

NoelC

Re: Bye, bye Avast
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 03:07:38 PM »
Permanent popups?  I believe you missed something there.  I haven't seen a pop-up from Avast in a long time.  They're certainly deconfigurable.

Opt-out options?  I agree, it's hard to trust software to watch your backside when it seems to have it's own agenda about infecting you, but it actually does seem to work other than that. 

In the long run it's no different than anything else - you have to be mindful when managing a system, no matter what software you use, or you'll end up in trouble.  How many people just accept Windows Updates without looking at what's in them first?  I believe I trust Avast and maybe even Google more than I trust Microsoft.

-Noel

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 05:20:11 PM »
Have you tested avast! business solutions (no consumer for your company)?

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 06:10:12 PM »
Here's the link to the business section http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=33.0
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.