Author Topic: Avast will not install  (Read 3368 times)

Mark116

Avast will not install
« on: May 14, 2014, 04:34:56 PM »
I have a Macbook 2008 running Lion 10.7.5 with 4GB RAM and 2.9 spare. In 2009 my first anti virus was free iantivirus by PC tools I then switched to paid Intego security suite, when the subscription expired I installed Kaspersky but this was removed after 3 months as pops ups were a pain when unable to receive wifi or internet to automatically update so this was uninstalled. I felt safer using antivirus even though fellow Mac users stated it did not matter and I installed Sophos which I used for 18 months and decided on a change after reading good reviews about Avast.
I downloaded the free version but it fails to install displaying a message "Please remove Kaspersky antivirus" etc... I have also checked some of the third party software for any related Kaspersky products but cannot locate any. I am baffled why Avast will not install, it is just as well I did not purchase the full software as this would have been a problem.

Any ideas or solutions from Avast on this issue?

Cheers

mustang64

Re: Avast will not install
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 05:04:16 PM »
Hi there,
The reason Avast won't install is that there are still remnants of Kasperky on your system.

"Google" Kaspersky Removal Tool and pick the appropriate one for your system and run it a couple of times that should

remove whatever was left on your system from the previous Anti Virus you had on your box.

Vern.

REDACTED

Re: Avast will not install
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 05:31:19 AM »
I've had the same issues. Kaspersky was not allowing me access to anything related to Google (Chrome, Gmail, Youtube), so I used the removal tool to uninstall it.

HOWEVER, when attempting to install Avast!Free, the installer detects Kaspersky still on my computer. I've uninstalled Kaspersky and removed anything that spotlight could find that's related to it, but Avast still detects it...