Author Topic: New SIM card setting off alarm!  (Read 1705 times)

tmc8295

New SIM card setting off alarm!
« on: May 18, 2014, 03:15:01 AM »
I just got a new secure SIM card to use with some wallet apps but now whenever I turn on my phone it sounds the alarm and starts screaming at me until I put in my PIN code.... I can't seem to find anywhere to tell the app or my account that it is an approved SIM!!   Help!

svehlak

Re: New SIM card setting off alarm!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 12:44:05 AM »
Well if you changed the SIM card, antitheft will react as expected and set - lock the device and (optionally) tunr on the sirene. You have to insert your PIN or unlock your device from my.avast.com (if you are connected to it) and go to the antitheft application; now the SIM will be added to the trusted pool and you should have no other problems with a new SIM card.

tmc8295

Re: New SIM card setting off alarm!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 01:06:39 AM »
Ya i did that and it said the SIM was trusted... I'm not mad that the app is doing it, because that is what I got it for. My problem is I can't find a way to get it to stop.
The device is not even on my account anymore because I don't use Avast anymore. But the app still shows as an option under device adminstrators (I unchecked it thought) and I can't turn the phone on without the alarm going off still, even after it said it was fine....

I just need to know how to get it off my phone at this rate.