Author Topic: Possible undedected trojan in .apk file  (Read 1644 times)

joseph99

Possible undedected trojan in .apk file
« on: May 20, 2014, 07:39:16 PM »
Hi there. I would like to submit a very suspect .apk file for analysis for Trojan activity.

Long and short, I let my niece play games on my phone over the weekend. At some point she installed a copy of mine craft on it without my consent, to which I flipped and cracked up with her. She had no right. I told her just to play with what's there. Now it was def mine craft because I saw her play it but I've had a hard time trying to remove it from my phone as it didn't show in the installed apps list. Now, today, I found that an email addy linked to my phone has been hijacked for spamming. A Hotmail account. The Hotmail user name has been changed to an strange Italian name. The security details have been changed as has the secondary email although the password remained. All spam is in Italian. The spam mails sent are in the sent box. I have screen shots of this from before I took control back of my account if it helps. I'm 100% certain this didn't come from my pc end as my pc was down for a month with hardware failure until today. Also several accounts in my phone have been logged out with unusual number combinations in place of the usual login name. I ran avast's virus scan several times. It found nothing. I've manually erased all trace of this mine craft install via pc apart from one single file. The .apk file she used to install it is still in the downloads folder. It's the only thing that's been installed in over a month. It appears she got this thing from some site other than google play. There is a .apk website name added into the .apk file name. From google searching, it looks like a piracy site.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Possible undedected trojan in .apk file
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 05:43:50 AM »
Hi there. I would like to submit a very suspect .apk file for analysis for Trojan activity.
You can report undetected malware here: http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0