Author Topic: Avast on Jolla Sailfish OS?  (Read 2008 times)

Filzbiber

Avast on Jolla Sailfish OS?
« on: May 23, 2014, 01:37:32 PM »
Is it possible to run Avast (i'm especially interested in the anti-theft function) on my Jolla phone with Sailfish OS? I succeeded to install it but somehow it is not possible to define an Avast-PIN. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast on Jolla Sailfish OS?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 02:08:24 PM »
Hi,

I have no idea and it certainly is not officially supported. Can you actually start up the Anti-Theft UI on that?

Filip

Filzbiber

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 10:46:35 PM »
It worked at first but now it's crashing all the time, I'm gonna try to deinstall it and reinstall it.

Filzbiber

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 11:37:32 PM »
After the reinstall the User Interface seems to work fine. But sending commands from my avast! Account (like adding a friend's phone nr for anti-theft) doesn't work and avast! cannot find any audio-files to play as anti-theft alarm. But I do receive email-notification if the SIM card is changed.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 12:25:42 AM »
Does Google Cloud Messaging work on Sailfish?

Filip

Filzbiber

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 02:47:48 AM »
I doubt that Google Cloud Messaging is working (I guess that's the reason that i.e. Threema is not running on my Jolla).

On the other hand I managed after a few tries to send commands from my PC to the phone using the avast! account site. Seems to work fine. I'm gonna test the anti-theft as soon as i can get my hands on another SIM card :)