Author Topic: Trying to get a refund  (Read 3080 times)

REDACTED

Trying to get a refund
« on: June 24, 2014, 05:32:34 PM »
On the 7th June, I decided to upgrade from Avast Free to Avast Internet security for 3 computers for 2 years at a cost of ££49.99.
Unfortunately, i had a lot of problems with it on my desktop computer and I was unable to install it on my Tesco Hudl, although it worked fine on my laptop. On the 9th of June, I uninstalled Avast internet Security and went back to Avast free. Because of all these issues , I got a support ticket (twice in fact ) and requested a refund. I have had automated replies saying that avast  has received all the information but I have not had any replies telling me that a refund will be given. It is now the 24th June and I should like yo have my cash back. Any ideas on how I can speed this up please ?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Trying to get a refund
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 05:59:34 PM »
The Tesco Hudl is an android OS when the Avast Internet security (AIS) is for Windows OSes XP and later.

Did you try a clean install on the desktop - uninstall avast free, reboot, install AIS, etc.

- There is an on-line contact form, http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles, use that to contact Sales inquiries, give information on your purchase, email address used in order, when you purchased, receipt number, etc. You can also give the Support Ticket ID also.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 06:37:55 PM »
Many thanks for the link to the online contact form. I have given all my details and the Support ticket ID's  so I hope that now i will get my refund. Many thanks for your help.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 08:28:43 PM »
Just had my 4th Support ticket ID; I'm not holding my breath in anticipation of getting anywhere fast !  :(

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 02:55:05 AM »
Good luck I have had 4 tickets and no refund

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 01:33:30 PM »
This is unbelievable; Avast is just stonewalling me by sending more Support ID tickets but not responding to my requests for a refund. I now have 6 support tickets and it's now 16 days since they first acknowledged my request. £49.99 might not be a lot of money to Avast but to this very unhappy retired pensioner, it is equivalent to nearly a weeks state pension, which I can ill afford to lose.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 01:58:32 PM »
Note that every time you send in another request you are moved to the back of the line again so by re-applying continuously you are lengthening the time to get your refund.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 02:55:49 PM »
That may be the case but I waited for a week before asking for the 2nd time. In this day & age and the electronic transfer of money, it is ridiculous to have to wait more than a week. If Amazon can arrange a cancellation or a refund by the next day, I fail to see why an
 organisation  such as Avast cannot do the same , and  I wonder how much money  Avast accrues in Interest from other disgruntled customers.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 04:28:49 PM »
I don't see anything in your attached image that gives them anything to work with to try and track your purchase, such as that I suggested to you in my first reply (about using the contact form).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 05:04:42 PM »
That was the 1st reply I had from them  but I have also given them all my account details, licence number , payment details etc etc. I didn't post these details here  so that they were visible online.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 05:07:07 PM by yorkshire pudding »