Author Topic: secureline wont connect?  (Read 36437 times)

REDACTED

secureline wont connect?
« on: June 14, 2014, 09:44:42 PM »
hi guys

I purchased a years subscription for secureline and not had any issues until the start of this week now i cant connect all i get is a popup message saying its not possible to establish a connection ive tried re running my license and this didnt work

regards

Leon

ps the captchas on this forum are unreadable

REDACTED

Re: secureline wont connect?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 01:21:11 PM »
Hello there.. I have the same problem and even i sent a meswsage.. no one turned back to me..Is there anyone like us? Or help us?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 05:49:50 PM »
Hello there.. I have the same problem and even i sent a meswsage.. no one turned back to me..Is there anyone like us? Or help us?

Hi.
How long have you been unable to connect using Securline VPN?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 05:53:00 AM »
Same thing for me the last week or so. Can't connect. Have tried many different locations.

Something has to be wrong on Avast's side if a lot of people are having this issue.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 07:31:27 AM »
So... no support for this? I'm a paid customer. 

It's always worked up until a week or so ago. No reason on my end that I know of for it to stop working.

avast! ??? What say you?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 05:37:04 PM »
So... no support for this? I'm a paid customer. 

It's always worked up until a week or so ago. No reason on my end that I know of for it to stop working.

avast! ??? What say you?

Agreed, I have read many posts over the months of users simply not being able to connect consistently, or stay connected. Reliability is questionable.
I am licensed for the service but found it just not near as dependable as other VPN services......Not sure why.
And you are right the "lack of" support for this service is ridiculous

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 02:55:22 PM »
Just wondering if the OP and others are talking about the PC version of SecureLine or Mobile?

I've checked a few times with our infrastructure team, who pro-actively monitors all our server locations/connectivity and we have not had any issues with stability or outages

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 06:29:30 PM »
Just wondering if the OP and others are talking about the PC version of SecureLine or Mobile?

I've checked a few times with our infrastructure team, who pro-actively monitors all our server locations/connectivity and we have not had any issues with stability or outages

Interesting question,
What would be the difference in reliability and function between the two??

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 12:36:41 PM »
infrastructure is shared actually, just wanted to know if there could be any other root cause that might be platform specific

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 05:42:25 PM »
Hi Davidek :)

The descriped problem looks the same as I had for some time on iOS.

While using Avast! SecureLine suddenly all trafic was blocked. Switching SecurLine off all trafic was allowed again, but switching SecureLine on again all trafic was also blocked again. The only way I could solve this was to reinstall the SecureLine profile. Sometimes I had to do this several times a day.

That said, the last time I had this problem is over a mounth ago I beleve, so it seems to be solved :)

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 03:35:39 AM »
Hi. This issue still exists. I  paid good money for Secure Line, now will not connect anywhere. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit, IE 11. It worked well for about a year off and on while traveling. I renewed the subscription, now has not worked since. I need an answer or a refund. Please contact me at bleppo1@hotmail.com. Nothing has changed on my PC. I have tried setting to "closest connection" as well as to specific ones. Not much use if it does not connect.

RC

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 01:58:01 PM »
Hi RC, could you please send your log file to me?  You can find that by going to Program Data, Avast Software, Avast, Log, then the SecureLine.txt file

I hope this will help us understand why you are having these issues.

To Barmbracks, unfortunately this issue is most likely due to Chinese restrictions on VPN use.  But you could also send me your log file and I will pass to our Dev team to take a look.

Thanks

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 07:23:41 AM »
I just purchased a one year subscription as well. Installation instructions are:

Save the attached license file to your desktop.
Open the license you just saved and confirm SecureLine activation.

There seems to be no link. How do I activate this software?

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 07:34:34 PM »
Hi RC, could you please send your log file to me?  You can find that by going to Program Data, Avast Software, Avast, Log, then the SecureLine.txt file

I hope this will help us understand why you are having these issues.

To Barmbracks, unfortunately this issue is most likely due to Chinese restrictions on VPN use.  But you could also send me your log file and I will pass to our Dev team to take a look.

Thanks
Thanks Davidek

I have the same issue, cannot connect to any location, will send logfile to yours.

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2014, 05:34:45 AM »
I just purchased a one year subscription as well. Installation instructions are:
Save the attached license file to your desktop.
Open the license you just saved and confirm SecureLine activation.
There seems to be no link. How do I activate this software?

Peter, On the Android VPN I also had problems entering the License Key... Checkout what finally worked for me at https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=152686.0 ("Payments refused")... Hope that helps.