Author Topic: Worst antivirus ever  (Read 11048 times)

REDACTED

Worst antivirus ever
« on: June 15, 2014, 01:41:54 PM »
i installed my antivirus and just after installing its showing avastui.exe application errors that never end . they appear again and again even if i cancel them . Please help me to fix this

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Worst antivirus ever
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 01:50:27 PM »
Some information about your system would be helpful including what AV you used prior to installing avast and how it was removed, also what other security software is installed currently on the system?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 02:39:59 PM »
i used bitdefender before and uninstalled it using bitdefender total internet security uninstaller. No other security software is installed on my win7 32 bit pc

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 02:51:54 PM »
I'd say your HDD is going to die soon or your memory is causing corruptions. Run Crystal Disk Info to check the HDD status and run memtest86 to verify RAM.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 02:53:50 PM »
I'd say your HDD is going to die soon or your memory is causing corruptions. Run Crystal Disk Info to check the HDD status and run memtest86 to verify RAM.
  Can u plz explain how? Or will formatting my pc work?

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 04:52:06 PM »
http://crystalmark.info/download/index-e.html

http://www.memtest.org/

First is just a program, other one needs to be burned on CD (CD image) and you boot the system with it so it can test memory integrity.

Offline justinlee

• Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 07:33:55 PM »

To say your HDD is on it's way out is a little extreme. Try running chkdsk /f in elevated command prompt.
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) SP1,
Intel Core i5-2410M @2.30GHz, 6GB RAM
AvastFree Antivirus & ZoneAlarm Free.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 08:27:00 PM »
Is it? I've seen failing drives do all sorts of idiotic things from random errors to hanging and many other things you'd never thought are caused by the failing HDD alone.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 08:59:27 PM »
To say your HDD is on it's way out is a little extreme. Try running chkdsk /f in elevated command prompt.

That is why RejZor suggested the OP run those two tests. 
The tests RejZor suggested will help to determine the cause of the issues.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 11:35:52 PM »
Is it? I've seen failing drives do all sorts of idiotic things from random errors to hanging and many other things you'd never thought are caused by the failing HDD alone.

Best not to suggest a resolution/cause/reason until you have properly researched/tested the issue.  To say this person's HD is faulty without looking at his test results or at the very minimum suggest a chkdsk could lead them astray with unnecessary out of pocket expenses. 

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2014, 02:27:48 AM »

Best not to suggest a resolution/cause/reason until you have properly researched/tested the issue.  To say this person's HD is faulty without looking at his test results or at the very minimum suggest a chkdsk could lead them astray with unnecessary out of pocket expenses.
That's why RejZoR has supplied the download links so a test can be performed to check the status as was previously mentioned ;)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2014, 06:14:22 AM »

That's why you run CDI to know what's what. Without looking at what test results if he hasn't even run CDI yet?

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2014, 07:13:20 AM »
If the HDD is failing, then re-installing will give the same symptoms until it is replaced.  Much faster to check and see if the HDD is good first, then ok to format.  Hardware must be known good and serviceable before attempting any reformat.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801