Author Topic: The maximum storage size of your Google Drive account has been reached  (Read 22781 times)

REDACTED

Got an error with Avast Mobile Backup, telling me "The maximum storage size of your Google Drive account has been reached"

However my Google Drive is showing I've used 2.2gb out of 25gb. No where near full.

I've now deleted all the image backup files from Google Drive and on the Avast account page (note that selecting the 'delete from Google Drive' option when deleting from My Avast, results in errors all the time).

However the phone still thinks it's backed up all the images. I can't get it to reset and start again.

For now I've disabled the image backup. Google+ backs up my own photos anyway. Everything else are downloads or edits of images in various other apps, which generally I've posted somewhere online so don't really need them backed up.

Still, the error about storage space is odd.

REDACTED

I'm getting the same message for the last few days and still have 33% free space or about 5 GB free.  No help from Avast support on this issue.

REDACTED

I'm also getting the same message, and there is plenty free space on my google drive. It's very annoying. Does anyone have a solution since Avast support doesn't have a clue?

REDACTED

Me too.  I got an email saying this on June 18, and have no idea why.  I can't believe Avast support has no clue about it!

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Think the recent change in Legacy Storage may have something to do with this?  Change occurred in May 2013, where the three elements were unified:
In May 2013, Google Drive storage was unified, meaning that your free storage space, as well as storage you've purchased, is now shared across Google Drive, Gmail, and Google+ Photos. Any storage purchases, promotions, or adjustments that have been applied to your account in the past will be reflected in your amount of unified storage
See:  https://support.google.com/drive/answer/39567?hl=en&ref_topic=2375005

Evangelists and Uberevangelists are volunteers and are not members of the avast! team.  As Google Drive is offered by avast! but is not the actual vendor of this service, it might be a good idea to contact Google Drive directly for the help you require.

If you wish, you can post back here what Google says. 
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

REDACTED

I am also experiencing this problem. I have over 12 GB of storage left. I see no way to fix this in Google or Avast. Google says that all storage is unified across all Google apps but doesn't mention anything about other apps. Is this an artificial limit being imposed by Avast? I need to fix this in order for Avast Backup to be useful. Any other opinions or news?

Thanks - Michael

REDACTED

Same problem. Google says I'm using 16% of my total storage. Just started happening in the past week or so, so I don't understand how it could have something to do with a May 2013 change in Legacy Storage. Seems to me Avast needs to own this problem.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:27:00 AM by Howard3 »

REDACTED

I have been getting this problem via email, along with, within the app itself "an error occurred when connecting to the server (Communication was interrupted due to connection problems)" on multiple files once I enabled backing up of apps.  Backing up of SMS, Contacts and Call Log is fine.  Haven't tried Images, Audio Files or Videos.

It seems that Avast!'s backup is real flaky and can't cope with any disruptions in communications.  It has yet to complete backing up the apps since I enabled it some time ago.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Hi,

do you see that message inside the Backup app or on your avast! Account (or both)?

Filip

Offline Linnea

Ditto. I'm getting the message  -- avast! Account Notification - Max Google Drive storage size reached  -- via emai and in the mobile app itself on my phone for several days now. It won't do a back up. If I click through to Settings, though, and click on Google Drive account, it tells me it's set up and ready to use.

Then it emails me that there's no room. (But there's plenty of room...)

Email says:
---
NOTE: Information email only - PLEASE DO NOT REPLY

The maximum storage size of your Google Drive account has been reached.
Owner:
Show device in avast! Account portal

AVAST Software
http://www.avast.com

---
So this is all very confusing and getting to be annoying. Other than this the app has performed well, and I've been an Avast customer for several years now. I really LIKE  your products. Please fix! Thanks!

REDACTED

I've been trying to fix this same problem for a week now, no luck though.  :-\

REDACTED

I receive this failure message on a regular basis. There are two different errors received.
Backups from the phone say "Backup problem: The Google Drive target folder was not found."

The error in the web portal and in the failure email both say "The maximum storage size of your Google Drive account has been reached."

Once I log into my.avast.com the backup succeed with me having to change anything. It seems like there is some inactivity lock on the profile that prevents backups from occuring if you have not used the web portal in a while.

Hi,

do you see that message inside the Backup app or on your avast! Account (or both)?

Filip

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Backups from the phone say "Backup problem: The Google Drive target folder was not found."
I'm getting this error on my phone too :'(
When I open Google Drive, the folder is there  :(
The best things in life are free.

Offline Jenda Kolena

• Avast team
When I open Google Drive, the folder is there  :(
Hi,
unfortunately it seems that after authorization renewal the old backup folder is no longer visible for the client (via Google API). I'm trying to solve this, but currently it leads to errors like this. New folder with exactly same name is created and new files are backuped there.
When this message appears, retry should work (even if you don't visit my.avast.com).

REDACTED

I'm having the same problem - automated Avast Backup fails stating that "The maximum storage size of your Google Drive account has been reached."

But I am nowhere near the limit on my Google Drive account, and when I choose to run the backup manually, it is ok, and uploads required files correctly, to the correct folder.

This is a problem with Avast, since  I installed the last update to the app.