Author Topic: The maximum storage size of your Google Drive account has been reached  (Read 22783 times)

REDACTED

I am having the same problem with the message that Google Drive does not have room for Avast to back up. It has been several days, and the problem continues. VA

REDACTED

I have been getting this error for a while now. I think Avast is any error as "The maximum storage size of your Google Driveā„¢ account has been reached." error. Personally I think it's more likely a maximum transaction error. But I have no way of knowing without the actual error code.

REDACTED

Same problem here........ >:( >:( >:(

I bought this so I could rely on it. Hope it can be fixed soon, else I might have to ask for a refund

Offline Jenda Kolena

• Avast team
I'm very sorry for having these troubles. I'm trying to fix this ASAP.

REDACTED

Same old, same old.
Only 7% of my Google Drive used.
And still the message appears daily.
Please sort this out Avast  >:(

REDACTED

This started on my Nexus 5 backups on June 9th. Some data was backed up to my Google Drive (which has more than 14GB free) on June 13th and 16th. I have been getting consistent failures since then.

REDACTED

"Me Too"

REDACTED

I didn't find the permanent solution but the I think I found the way to work around it. If you go to your google drive and check your drive you will see avast folder. Just right click on the avast folder and copy the foldername and rename that file something else ( I just put 1 at the end of the filename). Then Create a new folder and paste the foldername you just copied. hit Ok. Run you Backup on your phone. You should be good to go. It worked for me and I hope it will work for you guys. Good luck!!

REDACTED

I receive this failure message on a regular basis. There are two different errors received.
Backups from the phone say "Backup problem: The Google Drive target folder was not found."

The error in the web portal and in the failure email both say "The maximum storage size of your Google Drive account has been reached."

Once I log into my.avast.com the backup succeed with me having to change anything. It seems like there is some inactivity lock on the profile that prevents backups from occuring if you have not used the web portal in a while.

Logging in to the portal seems to work

REDACTED

I receive this failure message on a regular basis. There are two different errors received.
Backups from the phone say "Backup problem: The Google Drive target folder was not found."

The error in the web portal and in the failure email both say "The maximum storage size of your Google Drive account has been reached."

Once I log into my.avast.com the backup succeed with me having to change anything. It seems like there is some inactivity lock on the profile that prevents backups from occuring if you have not used the web portal in a while.

Logging in to the portal seems to work

Offline Linnea

I managed to log on to my.avast.com but then get this after a few moments:

Internal server error!
Requested service not available at the moment! Please try again later.

Note: this is a repeatable error message...

and I'm still getting both the email and phone notices. Just sayin'....

REDACTED

This has been going on for at least a week.  There are multiple threads here about it.  I was hoping for an answer, or at least a fix.

One update applied itself on my Samsung Galaxy S3, everything worked perfectly for one day, and then this morning the out of space error was back.

Enough already.  I've uninstalled the Backup and the main Avast! app.  I've put way too much time into trying to figure this out on my own, and clearly no one at Avast! gives a damn about answering any questions. 

REDACTED

Received the email almost everyday.

Any solutions from AVAST ??

« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 04:43:47 AM by adrianlpk »

Offline Jenda Kolena

• Avast team
clearly no one at Avast! gives a damn about answering any questions
Sorry, but I told you that I'm working on it. It's not as easy as you may think...
I have fix on the stage server at this moment, hopefully it will be deployed soon.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Sorry, but I told you that I'm working on it. It's not as easy as you may think...
I have fix on the stage server at this moment, hopefully it will be deployed soon.
Many thanks for your support Genda. A lot of us are facing this issue.
Anyway, if it worths, for me, after the first error, if you insist, it works at the second time.
The best things in life are free.