Author Topic: New SIM - how to prevent alarm  (Read 1983 times)

REDACTED

New SIM - how to prevent alarm
« on: June 27, 2014, 11:46:28 PM »
Hello!

This may be really simple but I'm not sure what I should be searching for... and have tried searching some things in Google... I have just changed my SIM in my phone, and got my old number switched to it.  Now if my phone switches off and restarts, the alarm goes off... I can enter the code ok, but it will message my "contacts" to say the sim was wrong.  How do I stop this occurring?

I've tried to check settings in the phone and on the site, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for so I'm going in circles and just getting annoyed with myself.  My phone is getting old and is a bit of a troublemaker, so it will occasionally restart for no reason... and this is causing the message to go to contacts.  No idea how to stop it... my number is now switched onto this SIM, but the alarm still goes off.

Confused... help!

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: New SIM - how to prevent alarm
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 11:51:35 PM »
Hi,

the SIM should be added after you enter the actual Anti-Theft app, at least that's what I think. Let me know if that works.

Filip

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 01:37:13 AM »
Not sure it is...it done the alarm twice, first when I just had the sim changed (it was on the new number) and once again today. Not sure what I need to do...

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 06:41:21 AM »
And did you enter the Anti-Theft app? Unlocking your phone with PIN is not enough.

Filip

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 03:11:14 PM »
I've entered both apps I have for avast...went into settings of both to see if anything made sense. I tried switching the phone off and turning it on again...no alarm. Not sure if I'm meant to take out the sim when trying. For the moment I think I'm OK...

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 03:13:09 PM »
No, as I said, by entering the Anti-Theft app the SIM is saved as trusted and shouldn't cause you any problems anymore.

Filip