Author Topic: Feedback on Avast Free, Version 2014.9.0.2018  (Read 2043 times)

Offline sludge7051-x

• sludge7051-x
Feedback on Avast Free, Version 2014.9.0.2018
« on: June 17, 2014, 04:13:30 PM »
use the full screen, not dinky windows.  it's better when you can see everything on the screen all at once.
using your av program can be like opening Word or Excel.  what is the purpose of tiny windows?
if some like the tiny windows, make a setting for this as an option

show a table for the different scans, that have similar settings, so you can change them all at once on one screen:
. . . Virus-PUP-Suspicious . . . 1st Fix auto / 2nd Move to Chest . . . Quick, Full, Removable, Folder

when I change the settings for a scan action under virus-pup-suspicious, sometimes they don't stick.  why?
I have to redo them a few times with the settings I want, or
I have to select something I don't want, say ok, go back, pick what I do want, then it stays

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

don't use dark colors - boring.  also, when they overlap, you can't see the edge of the window on top that you're using.

show the time elapsed during scan, and estimated completion time

Does the animated icon really indicate any useful information?
I hover over it, and it just says everything is good.

I used a disposable e-mail at registration, which I forgot that I delete.  There's no way to change it, so I had to do a re-install with a current disposable.

Plus, I have to use a different e-mail for the Forum.  Why can't I use the same one?  I can change the Forum one, though . . . why does it display my e-mail by default as my username on the forum?

Using your e-mail as the login ID for a Forum is bad, because what if you have to delete the e-mail due to spam, and you forget to change it here first?  There will be a confirmation e-mail sent to a non-existent e-mail.  Need to make the ID something different, just not the e-mail.

Backup settings should include the time in the file name, so you don't have to over write one you just made.

I think the Backup settings missed a tick mark in Settings / Appearance / Scan Results / [check] Automatically open the Scan Results when scan is finished

During install, I checked this:  the simple management connector . . . I found this on it:

"It is a way to report status of Avast! to a COM monitoring software (installed by you or your network administrator). If you don't know what it is, you don't need it, thus, it is not enabled by default."

Could this info be provided in a help bubble during install, so know I there's no use in installing it?

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 04:19:34 PM by sludge7051-x »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Feedback on Avast Free, Version 2014.9.0.2018
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 04:23:38 PM »
Your feed back would have been better placed in the right area https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=146141.0