Author Topic: Links! (for almost everything...)  (Read 364857 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Links! (for almost everything...)
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2003, 03:14:51 AM »
« Last Edit: December 08, 2003, 12:42:42 AM by Technical »
The best things in life are free.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2003, 03:15:33 AM »
« Last Edit: December 08, 2003, 12:43:02 AM by Technical »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2003, 03:36:05 AM »
The links were fully updated in December 07, 2003, 09:50 PM  ;D
« Last Edit: December 08, 2003, 12:50:27 AM by Technical »

DroppinPackets

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2003, 03:45:27 AM »

Waldo

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2003, 01:35:38 PM »
Mod's should make this a sticky topic, so it doesn't get lost.

Nice work Technical ! truly amazing.

Kind regards,

Waldo

Culpeper

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2003, 07:29:08 PM »
Man, this is quite an impressive array of software you have linked here.  Excellent hard work!  I'll definately put this http://lists.gpick.com/ in my favorites listing.

coralenka

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2003, 07:39:05 PM »
your links are great. Can u send me an email containing these link in order to save them for future refference. coralenka@yahoo.com
Thanks support.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2003, 08:02:50 PM »
your links are great. Can u send me an email containing these link in order to save them for future refference. coralenka@yahoo.com
Thanks support.

Ok, you're wellcome... (10th November 5:00 PM here in Brazil)

jeds

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2003, 11:24:46 PM »
Very nice!

I didn't see this one, BootitNG
http://www.bootitng.com

for the Back Up section, it can make and restore harddrive images, and it works outside windows and DOS for perfect images.

It can also re-partition while preserving data, and allow you to install more than one OS...much more

Less than $40 to register, and I have no stake in it (until they get a reseller program)!

JEDs

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2003, 01:54:11 AM »
As a newbie here (the forums, that is), and just getting caught up on some of the interesting older posts, mind if I add a few of my own favorites that I don't remember seeing listed?

AIDA-32 -- SysInfo with a vengeance.  It even correctly pinned down my P&P monitor to mfr., model, and date of manufacture.  Freeware

Cookie Pal -- not great with IE6, because of glitches in the latter, but works like a charm with earlier IE's AND other browsers.  Inexpensive shareware.

Quick-Convert -- Another one bit the dust, I guess.  No longer available as of May 2004, except maybe from third-party sources.
(Follow-up shortly afterward) DogPile search turned up lots of free-software sites offering this, but nothing but dead links so far.  So I guess it is gone.

TClockEx -- nifty display-formatting utility for the toolbar clock.  Freeware.  (Note- this address is current, he moved Dec. 2003)

WebTime -- one more of several handy atomic-clock synchronizers.  Freeware.

And totally unrelated to the computer,
WindChill Calculator -- if you're sufficiently masochistic, this'll calculate windchill from temp. and wind speed, or humidex from temp. and humidity (Canadian definitions in both cases).  Freeware

JV-16 Power Tools - forget the older freeware version(s).  As of Jan. 2004 that "appears to be a very old version" and refuses to run.

Best to all,
Mike
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 11:31:42 PM by MikeBCda »
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Gwen

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2003, 08:01:22 AM »
I blush...but I'd like to add a couple of
my own...

E-Press has a terrific Office Suite which is totally FREE for the asking.  It does everything Micrsoft Office does and then some.
I've been using it for a couple of years now
and you can't beat the price. 0$!

The programme is called EASY OFFICE.

Google it.

Another fave of mine is something I think no one should leave home without, another freebie!

BELARC ADVISOR from the Belarc Corp.

Another Freebie, MapMaker's SUN CLOCK...can't get much more useful than that.  

Another one that I can't praise highly enough,

TechSmith's SNAGIT!

I balked when I first tried this application recommended to me, after downloading it twice and dumping, gave it another try and
loved it so much I purchased the program and use it daily for just about everything!

Another:

3M's PostIt! The FREE version is all you need really.

Let me say this:

I never but ever recommend any programme that I have not personally used over an extended period of time and found to not only work seemlessly but did not reuire a huge learning curve.  

I never recommend programmes that contain spyware, adware or any other "phone home" type privacy infringments.

I never recommend programmes that do not provide first rate first class Technical Support.

So here you have it:

E-Press: EASY OFFICE SUITE
Belarc Corp.: BELARC ADVISOR
TechSmith: SNAGIT!
Map Maker Corp: SUN CLOCK 5
3M Corp: POSTIT!

Enjoy and if you go there, I'd like to know what you think of my personal favorites. :-)

Gwen

« Last Edit: December 05, 2003, 08:36:38 AM by Gwen »

Gwen

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2003, 08:04:33 AM »
avast! Antivirus

avast 4.0 Uninstall
avast 7.7 DOS version Key: AS770.A123456-24DB67 and Updates
avast Documentation avast! iavs Service Management
avast! 7 DOS antivirus updates
avast! Virus Cleaner Tool

I've obviously seen all of these and remain puzzled by them.

Question: Why do I need them?  What will they do for me?  

Thank you.

Gwen

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2003, 01:13:56 AM »
Question: Why do I need them?  What will they do for me?  
Thank you. Gwen

Gwen, that are avast! applications:

avast 4.0 Uninstall is used for complete removal of avast! antivirus (to install another one  :'()

avast 7.7 DOS version Key: AS770.A123456-24DB67 and
Updates
or here. These are avast! for DOS application and its updates. You don't need them but if you want a CD for recovery or scan a system by DOS, this application could do it for you. The registration key is a standard one.

avast Documentation avast! iavs Service Management (for server and advanced users). I do not recommend them for you right now...

avast! Virus Cleaner Tool This is the Cleaner for avast! (see other foruns related, in a few words from Igor, all the virus detection (the signatures etc.) are compiled inside the Cleaner file (i.e. inside the EXE for the downloadable Cleaner, or DLL for the one placed inside the VPS). Whenever a new virus detection / cleanup is added to the Cleaner, a new version is compiled - new EXE/DLL file is created.

So, if you're an avast! user, you get the latest version of the Cleaner whenever you update the VPS file (since the Cleaner is inside it).
For the standalone EXE Cleaner, you really must download it each time again if you want to have the latest one all the time. But as I already mentioned - the Cleaner is supposed to be your help in rare cases when you got infected; so, unless you get infected every 2 days, there's no point it downloading every Cleaner update... (and if you get infected every 2 days, you'd better install an antivirus  ;D)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2003, 02:43:23 PM »
For all users: these posts are being frequently updated (broken links, new applications added...). Enjoy  ;D

Culpeper

« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2003, 05:36:36 PM »
ok ;D