Author Topic: 2014 R4 (Beta 1 and RC) Scan Results setting issue - title edited  (Read 4915 times)

REDACTED

Greetings,

I have noticed that with this beta, the setting under Appearance --> Scan Results that controls whether the results window automatically opens at the end of the scan does not seem to have any effect.  When the scheduled scan is finished, the results window appears even if no problem was detected, regardless of whether the box is checked or not.  As a rule, I only want the window to show if anything evil was detected.

I am running Windows 7 x64, fully patched (critical and important patches only) through current patch cycle, and no other security software beyond Windows Firewall running resident.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but thought I'd share the experience!

Regards,
Crashman
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 05:39:55 AM by Crashman »

REDACTED

Re: 2014 R4 Beta 1 Scan Results setting issue
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 05:27:41 AM »
Greetings,

I have noticed that with this beta, the setting under Appearance --> Scan Results that controls whether the results window automatically opens at the end of the scan does not seem to have any effect.  When the scheduled scan is finished, the results window appears even if no problem was detected, regardless of whether the box is checked or not.  As a rule, I only want the window to show if anything evil was detected.

I am running Windows 7 x64, fully patched (critical and important patches only) through current patch cycle, and no other security software beyond Windows Firewall running resident.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but thought I'd share the experience!

Regards,
Crashman

After my scheduled scan this evening, I noticed that the panel that displays in the main UI window that automatically pops up (but shouldn't!) is NOT one that shows scan results, but rather the one that you get when you click on the "Scan" icon of the left side of the main UI window (just below the "Status" icon). Since this was a full system scan, it showed the page for "Full System Scan" with the "Settings" link and the three links along the bottom for "Quarantine (Virus Chest)", "Scan History" and "Create Custom Scan".  (I never bothered to look at what it actually showed until tonight.)

Hope this helps in time for the next beta.

Offline jl747

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 10:46:06 AM »
I am also getting the Scan Results pop up after a schedule scan.

Windows 10 Pro - Avast 18.4.2338 - Vivaldi 1.15.1147.xx
Zone Alarm Free Firewall

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 05:17:32 PM »
Just click "scan history" in the lower right corner.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 05:37:54 AM »
Installed RC1 over the beta today, and while just about everything seems to be working pretty smoothly, the completion of a scheduled scan still opens up the main interface focused on the "Scan" tab (with the type of scan just completed, but no scan result information, displayed), even though no virus was found.

The "Automatically open the Scan Results when scan is finished" setting on the Settings --> Appearance tab is NOT checked.

I really hope that this will be ironed out before the final release.  I just believe that if no problem was found during the scheduled scan, no part of the main interface should fly open and interrupt whatever else may be going on on the screen.  I don't have a great problem with some form of the current behavior if the program actually finds a suspicious or known-infected file, though, since in that case getting the immediate attention of the user could be justifiable.

Just my $0.02 worth...

Crashman

Offline jl747

Re: 2014 R4 (Beta 1 and RC) Scan Results setting issue - title edited
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 10:23:59 AM »
Still showing up after a using removal tool and re-installation.
Windows 10 Pro - Avast 18.4.2338 - Vivaldi 1.15.1147.xx
Zone Alarm Free Firewall