Author Topic: avast program font(s) changed  (Read 7562 times)

Kamil

avast program font(s) changed
« on: March 14, 2003, 07:41:17 PM »
Hi:

I've installed avast! 4.0 Home Edition on my old WinME machine.  I'd FDISKed its hard disk and have been reloading software from CD-ROMs for the past week to ensure that it runs as reliably as WinME can be made to run.

I've found, however, that one of my freshly installed software programs must have changed the font that avast uses, for I now have very large Times New Roman typefaces in the blue program window.

Is there any easy way of altering the font(s) used by avast.  A reinstall of the software hasn't changed things.  The fonts in the other skins are smaller, but seem too large for the window, too.

Thanks,

KZS

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:avast program font(s) changed
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2003, 11:23:38 PM »
Kamil,

Is there any easy way of altering the font(s) used by avast.  A reinstall of the software hasn't changed things.  The fonts in the other skins are smaller, but seem too large for the window, too.

Please verify that there are some files with the .aswf extension in the <avast4>\data\skins folder.

Thanks,
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Kamil

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2003, 02:00:59 AM »
Hi again,

There are three files: __snake.aswf ; __strike.aswf ; __vizer.aswf .

I've downaloaded the "Mac" skin; however, it too seems a bit "tight" to contain the text information of the program window.  It's better than the default blue skin--where the information is in big, bold TNR font--but not what it was before.

KZS

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2003, 08:55:51 AM »
There are three files: __snake.aswf ; __strike.aswf ; __vizer.aswf.

That is as expected. Strange...
It seems like avast! is (for some unknown reason) unable to load its fonts (the *.aswf files). They may be corrupted, but it's not too likely... (you said you reinstalled the program multiple times).

You may try to send me the .aswf files so that I can verify they're all right.

What about your system font settings? Do you have normal or large fonts set?

Thanks,
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.