Author Topic: Help  (Read 4827 times)

REDACTED

Help
« on: June 19, 2014, 12:57:44 PM »
Ive tried using grimefighter ( recently purchased) it restarts the computer, says its sedating it but then a message comes up on the screen saying input signal out of range. Is this normal. Also other people seem to still be able to use the computer while its running. I cant. How do i know if its working

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 03:17:17 PM »
Hi,

It sounds like you are connected to the internet over wifi.  Is that true?  Is it possible to plug in the ethernet cable to your router?  You can still use the internet when GrimeFighter is running.  There is an icon in the top right corner that looks like a globe.  Clicking on it will launch a browser so you can surf the net while GrimeFighter runs. 

You will know that GrimeFighter is working by the progress bar on the screen that says "Relax, we've got this"

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 05:39:04 PM »
Yes im using wifi ive got a booster box so i will plug this directly in and see if it works. Thank you for your quick reply  :)

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 05:57:45 PM »
Ok so i plugged it direct into the computer and it is still coming up with input signal out of range so looks like i be getting my money back

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 06:04:41 PM »
Ok so i plugged it direct into the computer and it is still coming up with input signal out of range so looks like i be getting my money back

Hi and sorry to see this situation.
I'm curious, Was there not an information screen stating that 'Grimefighter does not work' with WiFi connections?

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 06:08:03 PM »
There was nothing stating it does not work with wi-fi connections. Infact mine doesnt even work with the ethernet plugged in so next question

How do i open a support ticket  >:(

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 06:20:28 PM »
There was nothing stating it does not work with wi-fi connections. Infact mine doesnt even work with the ethernet plugged in so next question

How do i open a support ticket  >:(

I'm just a user like yourself but here is some info. :)

You can try this: http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php

However, I would suggest staying away from the 3rd. Party support if offered. And don't pay any money!
Rather the person who responded to your initial inquiry (Davidek) is with Avast and you could PM him with your specific issue if he doesn't read here. And see if he can investigate further.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 06:41:09 PM »

Ok so this is what happens whe the ethernet cable IS plugged in