Author Topic: Safezone browser not working  (Read 16786 times)

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Safezone browser not working
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 11:46:38 PM »
Can you access the internet without Safezone and do you have MVPS host files?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

tommytinkroom

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2013, 12:00:48 AM »
Yes internet working fine in Firefox(default) and IE11.
Fibre optic ethernet connection dl 75mbps ul18 mbps aprox.
Not sure what MVPS files are,and i'm not aware of having any.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2013, 12:03:30 AM »

In settings>Troubleshooting

Could you change using Chrome as default browser in safezone (saying it from back of my head, might not be accurate)
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Rixter

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2013, 12:14:36 AM »
Something is not working for me either. I cannot access at least 2 particular sites, one financial and one our regional public library.

At the site mysunlife.ca I cannot login. As soon as I turn off avast Online Security, it works. The library site is https://nvdpl.bibliocommons.com/user/login. I cannot put any item on hold. Again with Online Security off, all is well. I ever tried adding both sites to IE's Trusted sites list, but no joy. Is there a trusted list for Online Security?

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 12:16:24 AM »
The Avast Online Security plugin (AOS) has issues at this moment of time. I'd recommend disabling it for the affected sites or removing it permanently until the next program update.

It has issues with IE and FF.

tommytinkroom

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2013, 12:17:25 AM »

Could you change using Chrome as default browser in safezone (saying it from back of my head, might not be accurate)

In settings>Troubleshooting the only chrome option is to check a box to disable under
the title of "Do not use Chrome as Avast! default browser"which i have got unticked.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2013, 12:21:18 AM »

In settings>Troubleshooting the only chrome option is to check a box to disable under
the title of "Do not use Chrome as Avast! default browser"which i have got unticked.

If that didn't fix it for you, I can't seem to think what the problem could be...

tommytinkroom

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2013, 12:30:22 AM »
Ok thanks for trying to help,it's much appreciated,i shall carry on banging my head against the wall :'(

Offline N@URINE

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2014, 02:02:09 PM »
I have the same problem, too
NourinE

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2014, 04:48:31 PM »
 :'( You're not the only one who's having this problem still avast aren't fixing this problem we hope that this freaking problem shall be fix in the next release/update of the program. Theirs no way to fix this problem unless you format the hdd/ssd the location where you install windows and where did you place avast sandbox but that solution is damn time consuming because you have to backup all of your data to another storage time. So let's hope that this damn problem fix in next program update. :'(

REDACTED

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2014, 05:17:01 PM »

If that didn't fix it for you, I can't seem to think what the problem could be...

I think in my personal investigation of avast the problem is the avast storage problem and also avast cannot write in it's own sandbox i have thoroughly search from the registry,system files,avast logs seems to be true. I really think it's permissions problem in the system,administrator & users so avast can't really write,modified and altered it's own sandbox folder. Even if you use all kinds of clean uninstall or reinstall and any other antivirus cleaning tool such as avastclear,rejzor uninstall tool,etc are all useless i had try it all but all of them didn't work. This problem occurred to my netbook when i updated to avast 9.0.2018 now avast safezone and avast sandbox aren't working btw i am using avast premier. This issue didn't occur on my father desktop even he updated to latest version without using clean uninstall. The only way to fix the problem is to format the hdd/ssd where you install windows and where did you place avast folder and it's sandbox folder but that solution is so time consuming from backing up the data to another hdd/ssd.