Author Topic: have some question/problem  (Read 2510 times)

REDACTED

have some question/problem
« on: June 21, 2014, 08:51:40 PM »
At the very beginning I would apologize for my bad pronunciation. :)
Basically I have 3 questions:
1.If "avast" and "malwarebyets" have their shilds 'on' in same time( real-time protection ), will there be some problems,or mutual slowdown?
2.Does antivirus program have anti-exploit included in their products(    I read about anti-exploit but didn't understand it well so if some1 know to explain me what is that exactly I would be really thankful)
3.And,I saw  in new update that "avast internet security" ads have option __Do not track me__.So my question was,does it block sites to track you or they just send request "do not track me"

I thank everyone who took the time to read this.

Offline magna86

• Anti Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Ambulanta MyCity Forum - ASAP Member
Re: have some question/problem
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 10:49:42 PM »
Hello Zmaj and welcome to the avast! web forum.  ;)

1. Yes, both avast! and Malwarebytes RT (real time) shields may be turn on and there will be no conflict among them. avast! and MBAM are two different things.

2. Exploit are holes in system that malware may use to load itself to the system. While M$ are trying to fix the new detected security holes in the system itself, malware usual use the third party software (like Java or Adobe, even Firefox and Chrome browser) to attempt to load itself to the system or to preform some trick so user download malware unknowingly.
avast! shall protect you from the know exploit attempts. The same goes for MBAM but in most cases the user itself load malware as I sad, unknowingly.

3. I would say it blocks the mal_content. Do not track block the social networks and ad tracking by default.
I do not use any form of add 'do not track me' like, so I am not 100% sure.

Све најбоље друже, довиђења.  :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 10:52:47 PM by magna86 »

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 01:27:46 AM »
I know it's boring and kind of rude but i had one more question:

1.If I open e-mail with some kind of malware(spyware) does avast stop/detect ?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 02:01:05 AM »
I know it's boring and kind of rude but i had one more question:

1.If I open e-mail with some kind of malware(spyware) does avast stop/detect ?

You don't say what type of email you use ?
Webmail, e.g. you view your email through your browser or you download your email using an email program.

If it is through an email program Avast also scans your email.

If it is through a browser then the web shield should scan that.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 12:33:17 PM »
I see my email via web browser.
When you say web shild(you thought on avast protection shild or on something else?)
And if you talking about some different kind of shild,and malware pass through that shid will avast register that?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 05:11:54 PM »
I see my email via web browser.
When you say web shild(you thought on avast protection shild or on something else?)
And if you talking about some different kind of shild,and malware pass through that shid will avast register that?

When you are browsing the internet, the avast Web Shield scans that content. So the web shield would be scanning the content when viewing your email via a browser.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security