Author Topic: No results from partial scans?  (Read 1440 times)

REDACTED

No results from partial scans?
« on: June 19, 2014, 04:35:47 PM »
Hi,

I've tried to run overnight full system scans a number of times on my wife's computer but each time, the computer has automatically logged her out in the middle of the night.  I suspect that the automatic logout is not related to Avast but what surprises me is that there is no record of the scan having been run at all.  I expected to see a report showing the number of files scanned and the findings so far but there was nothing.  Is that the expected behaviour?

Thanks,
Jack

Offline krahulik

• Avast team
Re: No results from partial scans?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 01:12:03 PM »
Hello jack,
   scan log is currently saved when the scan is complete. This behavior will change in the future versions as a matter of planed internal reorganization.

Typically, when computer is suspended to sleep, the user isn't logged out. After a resume there can be requested a password to unlock a screen but previously running processes should continue in run.

Best Regards,
Martin

REDACTED

Re: No results from partial scans?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 04:42:01 PM »
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the info.  The computer is logging out, not going to sleep so it does not continue Avast from where it was before.  I've posted to a Mac forum to try to figure out what's causing that as it can affect other things, too.  In the meantime, I'll probably just live without a full scan.

Jack