Author Topic: Backup folder is not found on Google Drive  (Read 5550 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Backup folder is not found on Google Drive
« on: June 22, 2014, 09:26:51 PM »
I'm constantly receiving this message. Seems a token trouble or something like that.
I have removed my account twice, relinking, losing a lot of bandwidth to send all over again  >:(, and then the error message returns...
The best things in life are free.

Offline Nadia3

Re: Backup folder is not found on Google Drive
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 06:22:57 PM »
I've been getting this also, messages every day and the timing seems to coincide with when I updated Google Chrome about 2 weeks ago. 

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 06:54:53 PM »
Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone.
Hope the devs drop a word about it, would they?
The best things in life are free.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 08:11:26 PM »
I just posted this to a different thread. Maybe it will help you until Avast fixes the issue.
================
I receive this failure message on a regular basis. There are two different errors received.
Backups from the phone say "Backup problem: The Google Drive target folder was not found."

The error in the web portal and in the failure email both say "The maximum storage size of your Google Drive account has been reached."

Once I log into my.avast.com the backup succeed with me having to change anything. It seems like there is some inactivity lock on the profile that prevents backups from occurring if you have not used the web portal in a while.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 10:00:14 PM »
me too !  same 2 problems

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Jenda Kolena

• Avast team
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 03:39:02 PM »
This can sometimes happen after re-authorization of our app. Google has weird API, which sometimes doesn't allow us to access backup folders created with previous authorization. Trying to find reason solution, but so far I'm not successful..

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 07:28:41 PM »
I had many problems with backing up.

Kept getting notifications saying Drive Folder could not be found, invalid credentials and error connecting to server.

I disabled and reconfigured through Avast's web portal and on app, as well as uninstalled multiple times.

What seemed to have worked for me is turning off Google's 2-Step Verification. I think for me (and possibly others), there was some type of connection issue when having Google's 2-Step verification enabled.

After turning that off 2-Step I:
-disabled GDrive through Avast's web portal
-uninstalled and reinstalled app
-reconfigured everything.

Haven't has a notice or error since.