Author Topic: Hello Questions with Avast Web rep  (Read 1722 times)

REDACTED

Hello Questions with Avast Web rep
« on: June 24, 2014, 11:46:51 PM »
Hi there I am actually a paying customer of Avast online been for a few years.

Recently well actually earlier I went and got

avast! Online Security 9.0.2018.95
Avast Browser Security and Web Reputation Plugin

I figure'd maybe it would help.

Anyway a few questions about this new extension which I am using in google chrome btw.

Here is what I got check marked. I'll  put a screenshot of what I have check marked thus far.

anyway does everything I have check marked ok to be check marked?

I uncheck marked safeprice because I don't want that. And I unchecked the safezone thing as well because I don't need it asking me constantly.

Now here is a few questions I need answered:

What is the CommunityIQ option do? What is allowing submission of anonymous data to enhance our services mean? What of my data is being sent? Do I need this checked or no?

Under the Do not track which says it
Detects and blocks unwanted advertising and prevents analytics sites from secretly tracking you
I have that checked.

I also have the

Block Social Networks checked

Block ad tracking checked

I didn't check block web analytics

and I didn't check block others by default

What do the 4 above do? And should I have them checked? If so which or what should I have checked in.

Please let me know anyone who has any good input on this. Thank you and any help will be appreciated :)

REDACTED

Re: Hello Questions with Avast Web rep
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 11:57:21 PM »
Update I decided to uncheck mark the community send data option thing and I decided to check mark the 4 options under do not track.

Was that a good idea?

Anyway sorry for double post. If anyone has any input on my question/topic please post because I am a noob when it comes to this stuff :)

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 12:55:26 AM »
anyone got any input?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 02:21:13 AM »
Community

" By checking this box, you can participate in the avast! community and share information of a technical nature on a need-to-know basis. This does not concern personal information of any sort and is strictly security-related information concerning, for example, malware that avast! has detected while running on your computer, actions that have been blocked etc. This information will be used by avast! to improve its detection ability and technical support for the benefit of the whole avast! community. By participating in the avast! community, you will also have access to all the community information and statistics about the latest malware attacks ".

Since I am not paranoic or anything to hide, or ashame of what i do with my browsing i have IQ community checked to help avast! in improving its security.

The other options under  " Do not track " is up to you and what they can affect your browsing like banking, games, or social activities. You will have to try them to find out.